A food package handler is required to assist in daily food package handling at their assigned area.
Their job duties include assembling meals according to order, packing them in specified packaging, and labeling and billing the items.
Additionally, a food package handler may also be required to operate cash tills, keep an inventory of items in stock and update customers about food’s delivery status.
How to Write an Effective Resume for the Food Package Handler Position?
Here are some helpful tips for writing an effective food package handler resume:
- Start your resume with a strong summary statement.
- State your experience in reverse chronological order.
- Use keywords from the job description provided by the employer.
- Highlight the skill set that matches the employer’s requirements.
- Keep your resume one page long.
Here is a Food Package Handler Resume Sample.
Food Package Handler Resume Sample
69 South East Avenue
Los Angeles CA 66555
(000) 111 -3333
sameul .harrington @ email.com
Highly meticulous and fast-paced team worker with 6+ years of experience as a Food Package Handler well versed in food assembly and packaging of meals, labeling packages for delivery, and storage of leftover ingredients. In-depth knowledge of state-approved sanitary food handling practices. Current Driver’s License.
- Weighing, assembling, packing, and labeling cooked meals
- Tracking food delivery orders through GPS
- Packaging food items in an appropriate and spill-free manner
- Cleaning and disinfecting food preparation tools and utensils
Food Package Handler
Mcdonald’s, Los Angeles CA
Mar 2020 – Present
- Reduce packing time by 2 minutes per order on average by executing smart packaging techniques
- Achieve 100% order accuracy through the implementation of specialized checklists that enable double-checking all orders for accuracy
- Pack food and attached appropriate labels to each item
- Operate POS to process billing
- Maintain stock inventory of available ingredients
- Clean the work area and utensils
- Store all food items safely at day end
- Adhere to FDA-issued guidelines regarding hygiene
Food Service Worker
Smith Field Foods, Los Angeles CA
May 2018– Mar 2020
- Reduced overall food wastage by 10% by devising genius cold storage procedures
- Prepared food parcels and assembled meals for customers
- Checked food items and ingredients for any contamination
- Kept the food cold storage organized and clean and maintained inventory
- Measured out salads, drinks, and other food items according to order
- Arranged food items in the tray for service as per order
Food Handlers Certification
Associate Degree in Culinary Arts
International College of California, Los Angeles CA
English and Spanish
- Lifting weight up to 60 pounds
- Inventory management and keeping records of available stock
- Strong written and verbal communication skills