A Curriculum Vitae or CV for a nanny position might be difficult to write when you are clueless about what goes into a CV.
In fact, a CV is your professional profile – nothing more and nothing less. Once you know this, you will not have much problem deciding what to write in a CV or resume.
There are specific rules for writing a CV that you need to adhere to.
CVs are all about information about some areas of an individual’s professional life.
You will need to concentrate on your qualifications, experience, and skills and also provide some information on the skills that will make you the right candidate for the job that you are applying for.
The following CV sample for a nanny position will give you an idea of how to write one.
Nanny CV Sample
558 North Ave, Troy, NY 12180
❖❖ NANNY ❖❖
Child Care | Housekeeping | General Help
Eager to creating and maintaining a nurturing and safe environment for children and families.
Well-mannered Nanny with an inherent love for children and working knowledge of looking after their needs. Emotionally mature with a high level of energy. Excellent communication skills, along with a courteous manner. Demonstrated ability to supervise the children’s activities at all times.
• Helped a child with speech issues to find a place in the regular school by continually coaching him through mild speech therapy.
• Successfully managed the needs of triplets and an extremely demanding three-year-old simultaneously without experiencing any significant problems.
• Streamlined children’s nap times and food times by developing and implementing healthy nap and food preparation plans.
• Raised child abuse awareness amongst parents of the community by delivering lectures, holding seminars and writing materials.
|– Meals preparation|
– Bottle feeding
– Errands running
– Children teaching
– Plan activities
|– Bathing and dressing|
– Diapers changing
– Potty training
– Light housekeeping
ABC COMPANY, Troy, NY
Jul 2015 – Present
• Confer with parents to determine their childcare needs.
• Ask and note down questions regarding any special care that a child may need.
• Ensure the creation and implementation of a stimulating and nurturing environment.
• Supervise children’s activities and make sure that any problems or adversities are immediately taken care of.
• Dress, bathe and groom children.
• Prepare healthy snacks and food items for children and ensure that they are fed on time.
• Change diapers and assist parents in the toilet training of their children.
• Teach children manners to ensure that they interact well socially.
• Drive children to and from school and activities.
• Handle emergencies with tact and immediateness.
• Perform light housework activities such as washing and cleaning.
ABV INC, Troy, NY
May 2004 – Jul 2015
• Created and implemented care plans for infants and toddlers.
• Ensured that they are fed and changed on time
• Took guidance from parents about “what works” to ensure children’s comfort.
• Engaged in play with children with a view to both entertain them and assist them in learning social and cognitive skills.
• Changed diapers and ensure that children are washed and appropriately groomed.
• Enforced disciplinary action when necessary.
• Provided children with a safe and educational environment to thrive in.
TROY HIGH SCHOOL, Troy, NY | 2002
Member: American Society of Professional Nannies