A nanny provides child care at the employer’s home or child care facilities. They are responsible for overseeing children, preparing snacks, planning and implementing educational activities, managing light housekeeping, and running errands.
A nanny resume is a snapshot of your childcare skills, as well as parents help abilities. If you craft a good resume for the nanny job, it will open the doors of highly paid nanny jobs.
How to Write a Great Resume for Nanny Job?
- Choose a simple format and a plain font such as Times New Roman or Ariel.
- Highlight your most relevant skills within the half top of your resume.
- Use bullets to emphasize the relevant nanny qualifications.
- Uniquely list your relevant experiences in reverse chronological order, that is to say, list your most recent job first.
- Include your professional accomplishments as a nanny.
- Always send a nanny cover letter along with your resume, even if it is not asked by the employer.
The following 3+ nanny resume samples will provide you with ideas on how to build an effective resume.
Nanny Sample Resume 1
Experience: 10+ Years
32 York Street, Tucson, AZ 87549
Child Care | Parents Help | Housekeeping | Cooking
Reliable Nanny with 11+ years of progressively responsible experience in developing and grooming children from different age groups. Successful track record of supervising activities of children while ensuring their safety and wellbeing. Assume the total responsibility of the children, as well as home, in the absence of parents. Fun and friendly. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Neat appearance and a professional attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Current Arizona driver’s license with auto insurance
- TB tested, and Hepatitis vaccinated
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Homework Assistance | Formula Preparation
Meal Preparation/Serving | Bathing/Personal Hygiene
Child Safety Protocols | Diaper Changing/Toilet Training
Shopping/Errands | Housekeeping
Time Management | Communication
Trusting Connections, Tucson, AZ
2012 – Present
- Provide care to 12 children ages 1 to 8
- Educate children regarding personal hygiene and social development
- Read to children and assist them with homework at the same time
- Organize activities such as games and trips from time to time
- Ensure emotional comfort and well being
- Prepare craft materials and help children to use them appropriately
- Dedicatedly helped weak children with homework, improving their grades
- Effectively disciplined children following the methods requested by the parents
- Maintained a safe and fun environment; therefore, avoided many incidents
Guardian Services, Tucson, AZ
2009 – 2012
- Provided care to 3 toddlers (girls), 2 boys ages 7 and 9, and 5 infants
- Kept the children safe and entertained in educational ways
- Organized and monitored children’s recreational as well as play activities
- Informed parents regarding any behavioral or emotional issues of the child
- Kept the children’s room arranged and cleaned at all times
- Promoted the values of the employer owing to appropriate appearance and actions
- Timely responded to an emergency, saving a child from choking
- Taught social manners to children in order to make them a valuable member of society
Specialized Courses in Early Childhood Development
Community College, Tucson, AZ
High School Diploma
City School, Tucson, AZ
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Windows, Internet, Email and Social Media
- Typing Speed: 55 WPM
Warm, caring, and nurturing – committed to building stronger families.
Superior professional references are available
Nanny Resume and CV Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
455 Kimberly Lane, Irvine, CA 56886
Bringing expertise in early childhood development to promote children’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Accomplished Nanny with 7+ years of hands-on experience in the child care and fostering arena. A unique knack for devising exciting and meaningful learning as well as play activities for children. Active and agile, uniquely caters to the developmental, social, and psychological needs of children. First Aid and BLS Certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Round-the-Clock Care | Homework Assistance
Hygiene Maintenance | Housekeeping
Nap Supervision | Communication
Cooking | Ironing, and Dressing
Grooming | Formula Preparation
Emotional Support | Snack Preparation
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS AS A NANNY
- Attained the 100% satisfaction of parents owing to exceptional child care skills.
- Resolved the psychological and social issues of 3 children.
- Obtained the “Best Nanny Award” twice, owing to dedication and commitment.
The Nanny Service, Irvine, CA
- Create a fun, friendly and safe environment to keep children amused
- Accompany children to parks and social visits
- Assist children with homework
- Pick and drop children to and from school
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry tasks
- Watch over the activities of children in order to ensure their safety
- Organize games, arts, and crafts and equally participate with children
Mrs. Smith’s Family, Irvine, CA
- Cared for one infant girl, one toddler boy and one girl aged 8
- Provided toilet training to toddlers
- Prepared formulas and bottle-fed infants following parents directions
- Cleaned and sanitized children rooms and toys
- Kept the children;’s area free of sharp or harmful objects to minimize hazards
- Played guitar to amuse children
- Informed parents regarding child activities and development
- Prepared childcare reports for agency and parents
Child Care Worker
WE CARE, Irvine, CA
- Supervised 15 children during play and educational activities
- Ensured the safety of the children on a continuous basis
- Cleaned the work area and washed dishes
- Provided recommendations to parents regarding toys and educational tools
- Followed all policies and procedures as provided by the agency
Associate of Arts in Education
St. Louis Community College, Irvine, CA | 2009
Current California Driver’s license
- Computer: MS Word and Excel, Internet, Email, Social Media
- Clean Medial, Criminal and Driving Record
Member: Association of Premier Nanny Agencies (APNA)
I am passionate about bringing a positive difference in the lives of children.
Exemplary references available on request
Nanny Resume Sample 3
Experience: 1+ Year
66 72nd Street, Cranston, RI 33113
Loving and caring nanny with over one year of experience in caring for children and young adults by ensuring a clean and safe environment for them. Highly skilled in developing a stimulating environment in which children can thrive and develop.
CORE SKILLS AS A NANNY
Diaper Changing | Bath Supervision
Personal Grooming | Meal Preparation
Homework Assistance | Activities Coordination
Laundry and Washing | Discipline Enforcement
Emergency Care | Special Needs Assistance
Errands Running | Communication
Genuine Nannies, Cranston, RI
Mar 2020 – Present
- Successfully provided care to 8 children aged between 3 months to 10 years
- Introduced the concept of clean eating to assigned children, who were brought up on junk food
- Singlehandedly prepared 13 different food items in a day, to satisfy the taste buds of 8 children
- Conferred with parents to determine their specific concerns regarding children
- Created a safe and stimulating environment for children
- Assist with person grooming such as bathing, toileting, and dressing
- Change diapers and assist with toilet training
Morningside Babysitter, Cranston, RI
Aug 2019 – Mar 2020
- Oversaw 20+ children from different families
- Handled children’s laundry and light housekeeping work
- Arranged playdates, and oversaw children during activities
- Supported children’s education by helping with homework and school projects
- Organized bedrooms, and other play areas
- Administered medication to unwell children, upon parents’ instruction
- Prepared meals for each child based on their preferences
High School Diploma
Cranston High School, Cranston, RI – 2014
- MS Word and Excel
- Social Media
See also: Entry-Level Nanny Resume No Experience
Nanny Resume Format
The main thing you should consider is to choose the right format. Let’s break down the nanny resume into sections, and determine what needs to go into each part.
As this section is the beginning of your resume, so it is vital to highlight your enthusiasm and qualifications in one place.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Uniquely mention your relevant nanny skills in this section of your resume.
This section may be one of the most critical parts of the nanny resume. With the following questions in mind, you can build a compelling achievements section.
What have you achieved in the role of a nanny?
How you contributed to a child’s development?
Which effort did you put to ensure that the child was nurtured and looked after properly?
Write all that you have done in the role of a nanny. For instance, personal care, nurturing, feeding, food preparation, safety, and everything else that you can think of!
If you have formal degrees or training, then this is the right place to mention it.
A nanny has to be perfect from all ends to be able to qualify for the position. This is because parents need to trust the person they hire completely. But before you convince a parent, you have to convince a recruiter to give your resume a thought.
And this can only be done if your resume is spot on with the recruiter’s requirements. In your nanny resume, focus on the positives. It should show that you are compassionate, caring, and patient. It should also highlight your experience as a nanny and accomplishments in the role.
A nanny resume is your ambassador. Therefore, you must spend a lot of time making it an exceptional piece of writing. Because hiring managers scrutinize most of the resumes in 5-10 seconds, therefore, use a simple and attractive nanny resume format in order to grab their interest.