A nanny recommendation letter is usually required by employers to get additional information about a job seeker for employment, study, or other opportunities.
Write it in a way that provides prospective employers with a general idea about the candidate’s performance, experience, personal characteristics, capabilities, and professional strengths.
How to Write a Professional Recommendation Letter for a Nanny?
- A recommendation or reference letter for a nanny should be simple and to the point.
- Write only positive points about the employee.
- Do not jargon or language that is too common or extroverted.
- It should not exceed one page in length and consist of three paragraphs.
The following is a sample reference letter for a nanny. Feel free to customize this letter as per your circumstances.
Sample Recommendation Letter for Nanny
July 20, 2020
To Whom It May Concern
I am writing to recommend Claire Smith as a nanny at your agency. Claire looked after my kids for three years and performed diligently throughout her tenure.
She was highly motivated to learn as much as she could and performed exceptionally well by utilizing her best capabilities. She frequently devoted herself to long hours to develop lesson plans for my children and monitor their progress. As an individual who understands her limitations as a nanny, she never disturbed our privacy.
Specifically, she is very skilled in:
- Supervising children and caring for their needs
- Planning, preparing and serving meals to children
- Bathing, dressing and feeding infants and children
- Preparing formulas and changing diapers
- Performing light housekeeping duties
Claire has many strengths but her main strength, according to my observation, is her talent to motivate children. She always seemed genuinely interested in children’s mental development and presented new ways of learning that captured their attention.
She is very reliable, trustworthy, motivated, and able to make herself tune-up with the requirements of family and children. In summary, Claire possesses all qualities that make a nanny successful.
Once again, I highly recommend Claire for a nanny position. In case of any queries regarding her qualifications and abilities, please feel free to contact me on my phone number or email address given below.
Note: This nanny recommendation letter can also be used for the following alternative job titles;
- Live-in Caregiver
- Parent’s Helper
- Child Care Provider
- Foster Parent