Seeking help to build an automotive technician resume?
Below is a checklist for you to compare your resume to professional standards to make sure your automotive technician resume stands out.
■ A single page in length
■ Customized to meet the needs of the prospective employer
■ Contains job-relevant strengths specific to the company you are applying at
■ Contains sufficient amount of automotive industry keywords
■ Error-free? Have you asked someone to proofread it for you even if you’re sure
■ Accurate and updated contact information
Following is an automotive technician resume sample to further support and guide you to write or update your resume.
Automotive Service Technician Resume Example
5110 Ever Green Lane ● Reading, PA 76302 ● (007) 333-6666 ● mitch @ email . com
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Equipped to perform diagnoses and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles.
Results-oriented and energetic Auto Technician with 8+ years of extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a diverse range of automobiles. Particularly effective in performing computerized error diagnosis in automobiles. Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to turn a visitor into a regular client. ASE certified.
|✓ Supplies management||✓ Engine overhauling||✓ Computerized diagnostic|
|✓ Problems identification||✓ Parts examination||✓ Basic maintenance|
|✓ Washing and polishing||✓ Customer service||✓ Testing equipment|
Automotive Service Skills
|✓ Internal combustion engines||✓ Axles / transaxle||✓ Steering and suspension|
|✓ Heating and air conditioning||✓ Automatic transmission||✓ Brake systems|
|✓ Electrical/electronic wiring||✓ Wheel alignment||✓ Fuel systems|
FIRESTONE AUTO CARE, Reading, PA
Automotive Technician (4/2011 – Present)+
• Explain technical diagnosis and repairs needed to non-technical, mechanical staff
• Remain up to date with progressive automotive technician methodologies through active participation in training and workshops
• Provide service delivery and participate in the control of expenses
• Carry out state safety inspections of interior and exterior of automobiles
• Up fitted 50 brand new vehicles with the necessary equipment for the annual sports rally of Reading in 2012
• Devised several viable strategies for economical fuel consumption by utilizing functional knowledge of computer-based mixture control
STATE MOTORS, Reading, PA
Automotive Apprentice (8/ 2009 – 3/ 2011)
• Assisted in auto inspection and diagnosis of the problems
• Performed repair and troubleshooting tasks as instructed
• Carried out test drives with the senior technician
• Assembled an engine from scratch for an automatic Audrey without supervision, working manually on suspension parts using welding tools
Central Technical College, Wausau, WI | 2008
Automotive Repairing Diploma
Reading HighSchool, Reading, PA | 2006