Seeking help to build an automotive technician resume?
Below is a checklist for you to compare your resume against professional standards to make sure your automotive technician resume stands out.
■ Single page in length
■ Customized to meet the needs of prospective employer
■ Contains job relevant strengths specific to the company you are applying at
■ Contains sufficient amount of automotive industry keywords
■ Error free? Have you asked someone to proofread it for you even if you’re sure
■ Accurate and updated contact information
Following is an automotive technician resume sample to further support and guide you to write or update your resume.
5110 Ever Green Lane ● Reading, PA 76302 ● (007) 333-6666 ● mitch @ email . com
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Equipped to perform diagnoses and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles.
Results-oriented and energetic Auto Technician with 8 years of extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a diverse range of automobiles. Particularly effective in performing computerized error diagnosis in automobiles. Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to turn a visitor into a regular client. ASE certified.
|✓ Supplies management||✓ Engine overhauling||✓ Computerized diagnostic|
|✓ Problems identification||✓ Parts examination||✓ Basic maintenance|
|✓ Washing and polishing||✓ Customer service||✓ Testing equipment|
Automotive Service Skills
|✓ Internal combustion engines||✓ Axles / transaxle||✓ Steering and suspension|
|✓ Heating and air conditioning||✓ Automatic transmission||✓ Brake systems|
|✓ Electrical/electronic wiring||✓ Wheel alignment||✓ Fuel systems|
FIRESTONE AUTO CARE, Reading, PA
Automotive Technician (4/2011 – Present)
• Explain technical diagnosis and repairs needed to non technical, mechanical staff
• Remain up to date with progressive automotive technician methodologies through active participation in trainings and workshops
• Provide service delivery and participate in control of expenses
• Carry out state safety inspections of interior and exterior of automobiles
• Up fitted 50 brand new vehicles with necessary equipment for the annual sports rally of Reading in 2012
• Devised several viable strategies for economical fuel consumption by utilizing functional knowledge of computer based mixture control
STATE MOTORS, Reading, PA
Automotive Apprentice (8/ 2009 – 3/ 2011)
• Assisted in auto inspection and diagnosis of the problems
• Performed repair and troubleshooting tasks as instructed
• Carried out test drives with the senior technician
• Assembled an engine from scratch for an automatic Audrey without supervision, working manually on suspension parts using welding tools
Central Technical College, Wausau, WI | 2008
Automotive Repairing Diploma
Reading HighSchool, Reading, PA | 2006
Last updated on