How to build an automotive technician resume?
Below is a checklist for you to compare your resume to professional standards to make sure your automotive technician resume stands out.
- A single page in length.
- Customized to meet the needs of the prospective employer.
- Contains job-relevant strengths specific to the company you are applying at.
- Contains sufficient amount of automotive industry keywords.
- Have someone to proofread it for you.
- Accurate and updated contact information.
The following is an automotive technician resume sample to further support and guide you to write or update your resume.
See also: Automotive Technician Cover Letter
Automotive Service Technician Resume Example
5110 Ever Green Lane, Reading, PA 76302
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Equipped to perform diagnoses and repairs to a diverse range of vehicles.
Results-oriented and energetic Auto Technician with 8+ years of extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a diverse range of automobiles. Particularly effective in performing computerized error diagnosis in automobiles. Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to turn a visitor into a regular client. ASE certified.
|✓ Supplies management|
✓ Problems identification
✓ Washing and polishing
|✓ Engine overhauling|
✓ Parts examination
✓ Customer service
|✓ Computerized diagnostic|
✓ Basic maintenance
✓ Testing equipment
AUTO SERVICE SKILLS
|✓ Internal combustion engines|
✓ Heating and air conditioning
✓ Electrical/electronic wiring
|✓ Axles / transaxle|
✓ Automatic transmission
✓ Wheel alignment
|✓ Steering and suspension|
✓ Brake systems
✓ Fuel systems
FIRESTONE AUTO CARE, Reading, PA (4/2011 – Present)
• Explain technical diagnosis and repairs needed to non-technical, mechanical staff
• Remain up to date with progressive automotive technician methodologies through active participation in training and workshops
• Provide service delivery and participate in the control of expenses
• Carry out state safety inspections of interior and exterior of automobiles
• Up fitted 50 brand new vehicles with the necessary equipment for the annual sports rally of Reading in 2012
• Devised several viable strategies for economical fuel consumption by utilizing functional knowledge of computer-based mixture control
STATE MOTORS, Reading, PA (8/2009 – 3/2011)
• Assisted in auto inspection and diagnosis of the problems
• Performed repair and troubleshooting tasks as instructed
• Carried out test drives with the senior technician
• Assembled an engine from scratch for an automatic Audrey without supervision, working manually on suspension parts using welding tools
Automotive Repairing Diploma
Central Technical College, Wausau, WI | 2008
High School Diploma
Reading HighSchool, Reading, PA | 2006