It is not possible for everyone to work as a hospital janitor.
Only the ones who know the work inside out, including cleaning and sanitizing procedures, are hired. Therefore, it is important to write a resume to convince the hiring manager that you are the right person to hire for this job.
As a hospital janitor, it is essential that you highlight your knowledge of using the right chemicals to clean surfaces.
Your experience in disinfection must also be highlighted in your resume. Moreover, is imperative that you focus on your expertise in using supplies and equipment in a safe, and accurate manner.
A resume sample for a hospital janitor position is provided here for your reference:
Hospital Janitor Resume Example
74 Iron Patch Road, Albany, NY 91275
Organized, and resourceful individual, with excellent skills in performing cleaning and sanitizing work within a healthcare environment. Highly efficient in using various chemicals in order to perform cleaning and disinfection procedures. Able to use the right equipment and tools to perform well-place work processes, and follow set protocols.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A HOSPITAL JANITOR
• Singlehandedly cleaned an entire hospital wing within a shift, during an instance of low employee attendance
• Implemented unique disinfection procedures, as a result, decreased chances of infection by 50%
• Trained 30+ newly hired janitors in performing work processes according to healthcare protocols
Integrative Hospital, Albany, NY
6/2017 – Present
• Check order sheets to determine daily cleaning and maintenance tasks
• Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping and mopping floor
• Clean surfaces such as counters and tabletops
• Mix the right amounts of chemicals to use as cleaning agents
• Ensure proper sanitization of rooms, bathrooms, offices, waiting areas, and labs
• Remove waste, and ensure that it is properly disposed of
• Pick up soiled linen from patients’ rooms, and deliver it to the laundry area
• Create and maintain logs of all work processes performed in a shift
Dow Hospital, Albany, NY
2/2009 – 5/2016
• Assisted in cleaning floors in rooms and bathrooms
• Sanitized bathroom fixtures, and replenished supplies such as soap and towels
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on cleaning equipment
• Oversaw cleaning supplies inventory and communicated low stock situations
High School Diploma
Albany High School, Albany, NY
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Waste Management
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Workplace Safety
- Disinfection Procedures
- Equipment Sterilization