Depending on the type of position that you are applying for, your resume needs to be greatly detailed.
For ideas on how to place all this detail into a format, take a look at the following sample school janitor resume:
School Janitor Resume Example
669 Seeds Road, Billings, MT 59100
Skilled and dexterous Janitor with 11+ years’ hands-on experience working in educational settings. Highly experienced in providing cleaning and sanitization support, while ensuring the safety and well-being of students and staff. Demonstrated ability to clear assigned facilities such as classrooms, offices, and grounds, for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary and safe environment.
|Sanitization||Preventative Maintenance||Supplies Oversight|
|Grounds Maintenance||Daily Inspections||Repair Work|
|Supplies Replenishment||Inventory Management||Equipment Maintenance|
|Snow Ploughing||Facility Security||Loss Shrinkage|
• Devised a novel cleaning system, which used a step by step method, resulting in increased efficiency in performing cleaning work.
• Singlehandedly cleaned the entire school, in the event of absence on the other janitor’s part.
• Increased the security of the school by providing valuable feedback to the management regarding security loopholes.
• Suggested the importance of erecting warning signs on work areas, thereby decreasing accidents by 75%.
Promesa Public Schools, Billings, MT | 2012-Present
• Inspect school premises on a daily basis to determine its need for cleaning and maintenance.
• Perform sweeping and mopping activities to clean surfaces in classrooms, offices, and hallways.
• Wash and sanitize student and staff bathrooms, ensuring that safe and appropriate methods are used.
• Mix the right and safe amount of cleaning agents to perform cleaning and sanitizing work.
• Polish and dust furniture in classrooms, common rooms, and offices, and ensure that any broken furniture is put aside for repair.
• Perform minor repair and maintenance work, such as changing bulbs, and repairing loose wires.
• Create and maintain the inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, and communicate low stock situations to the school administrator.
• Ensure that all cleaning implements and equipment are properly maintained and cleaned.
Total Education, Billings, MT | 2007-2012
• Provided assistance to janitors by picking the right types of supplies and equipment from the storage area.
• Assisted in performing cleaning and mopping work on surfaces around the school.
• Handled grounds-keeping work by clearing playgrounds, by raking leaves, and removing snow.
• Assisted in performing inventory management activities, related to cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Provided feedback regarding any security loopholes or problems around the school campus.
Billings High School, Billings, MT
High School Diploma
Last updated on