Are you experienced enough to apply for a lead janitor position?
Are you looking for resume support? You have got it!
A resume for a lead janitor position has to focus on the person’s ability to handle a team of janitors and oversee their work. Your experience in this regard will count for a lot. So will your skills and accomplishments.
And it is important that you work on both when writing your resume.
Here is a sample lead janitor resume that you can use:
Lead Janitor Resume Sample
97 Flint Street, Gulf Shores, AL66667
Highly capable lead janitor, with 8+ years of experience in overseeing janitorial staff, and performing custodial services. Demonstrated expertise in scheduling staff members and monitoring work processes. Effectively able to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of assigned areas, in accordance with set standards and protocols.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A LEAD JANITOR
- Trained 80 custodians to handle custodial and janitorial work, during their induction period.
- Introduced a trash removal system that decreased contamination chances by 80%.
- Devised a staff scheduling program to improve follow-up, and oversight.
Olympus Building Services, Gulf Shores, AL
2014 – Present
- Create schedules for all staff members, and ensure that they work in accordance with the schedule.
- Interview, hire, and train staff members according to the specifics provided.
- Assign duties such as sweeping, and mopping to staff members, according to their specific abilities.
- Monitor staff members in order to ensure that they are working properly.
- Issued supplies and tools such as cleaning agents and mops.
- Count all issued supplies and log them properly.
- Perform spot inspections to determine additional cleaning and maintenance requirements.
- Ensure that cleaning and sanitizing mixtures are handled in a safe manner.
- Oversee the safe removal and disposing of trash.
- Create logs of all cleaning, maintenance, and sanitization activities performed on a daily basis.
The Millard Group, Gulf Shores, AL
- Cleaned surfaces using brooms and mops.
- Ensured that bathrooms were adequately washed and sanitized.
- Replenished bathroom supplies, such as soap, towel, and toilet paper.
- Performed maintenance work, including cleaning filters, and changing bulbs.
- Vacuumed and shampooed rugs, carpets, and curtains.
High School Diploma
St. Abby’s High School, Gulf Shores, AL
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Staff Scheduling
- Hiring and Training
- Facilities Repair
- Supplies Management
- Inventory Oversight
- Operational Management
- Grounds Maintenance
- Trash Management Oversight
- Snow Removal
- Spot Inspections
See also: Lead Janitor Cover Letter