The primary goal of a CDL Truck Driver resume is to spark reader’s interest.
What kind of resume can do this?
Definitely, one that can capture the reader’s eye!
To do this, your resume should be tailored to suit the employer’s specific needs.
● Begin with the best: Showcase the cream of your profile in the performance summary. Entry level candidates and career changers can use an Objective statement for CDL Driver Resume.
● Use powerful keywords to support your competencies section.
● Highlight your accomplishments: Don’t be shy to highlight your relevant achievements. In fact, most prospective employers like to see separate section of professional accomplishments.
● Build to impress: Find out the skills employers are seeking and mention the same in your resume without duplicating the advertisement.
Related: CDL Driver Resume Sample
CDL Truck Driver Resume Example
41 Wendy’s Lane • Victoria, TX 39002 • (006) 444 – 3333 • samuel @ email . com
Highly-motivated and dependable CDL Truck Driver with a positive can-do attitude towards work. Strong expertise in delivery and pick up of merchandise, fuel record keeping and preventive maintenance of truck engines and containers. Fully familiar with highway traffic laws and basic fuel economy techniques.
|– Class A CDL||– Vehicle service||– Map reading|
|– Pre-trip inspection||– Auto/manual transitions||– Preventive maintenance|
|– Oil level monitoring||– DOT adherence||– Loading/unloading|
|– Brakes operation||– Eye-hand coordination||– GPS navigation|
• Implemented effective route inventory control methods and enhanced punctuality of deliveries by 100%.
• Identified and corrected a leakage in the combustion channel leading to 30% reduction in fuel costs of the vehicle.
• Filled in for a fellow worker who was on leave and performed extra shifts of long route driving for 15 days.
RYERSON INC, Victoria, TX
Route Driver | 7/2011 to Present
• Pick up and deliver goods at assigned locations on time.
• Coordinate with management and other drivers for obtaining latest road conditions and weather updates for ling routes.
• Keep the record of fuel fillings and services.
• Ensure safe loading and unloading of material.
SUPER SERVICE, Victoria, TX
Assistant Delivery Driver | 4/2009 to 6/2011
• Relieved the driver as and when needed on long routes and side lanes.
• Loaded and unloaded the goods safely.
• Serviced the vehicle regularly and cleaned the container.
• Maintained all delivery logs.
Diploma: DAISY HIGH SCHOOL, Victoria, TX – 2008
• Working knowledge of precautions for transportation of hazardous material.
• Experience in moving heavy duty flex bins using a pallet jack.
• Thorough knowledge of commercial transportation regulations applicable within Texas.
Last updated on