A CDL driver position is quite challenging and requires extreme physical stamina.
In addition to a CDL, the position requires a high level of alertness, great sense of responsibility and exceptional eye-hand dexterity.
Since a CDL driver is usually required to carry passengers, hazardous material or a lot of heavy loads, the job creates extra pressure on the employee.
Your resume for this position should reflect a broad sense of maturity and accountability in addition to the skills required by the employer.
See also: CDL Driver Cover Letter
51 Redcliff Bay, Midland, TX 34221
Passionate driver with an exceptional driving record.
Seasoned CDL driver with 5+ years’ extensive experience working in the driving field. Well-versed with safety protocols associated with bus and truck driving, passenger safety and merchandise care. Equipped with basic mechanical knowledge regarding heavy traffic vehicles.
- CDL Class B
- Proficient in driving different heavy vehicles using pressure/air brakes with manual and auto transmission
- Familiar with general safety and precautionary maintenance of heavy vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to meet safe delivery deadlines
- Track record of accident-free, safe and preventive driving of passenger buses and loaded trucks
|• Inspecting truck for defects
• Loading and unloading trailer
• State regulations knowledge
• Records maintenance
• Breakdowns management
Total Logistics, Midland, TX | Oct 2011 – Present
• Safely drive vehicles to the assigned location
• Proactively assist manual labor in loading and unloading of merchandise carefully
• Operate load lifting and digging machinery at the station or sites when required
• Maintain vehicle merchandise inventory
• Keep track and maintain the log of fuel consumption
• Saved the company from heavy expense by timely identification of a hazardous defect in the vehicle’s transmission box.
• Reduced the fuel cost by 10% via vigilant monitoring of combustion mixture settings.
CDL School Bus Driver
Delight School, Midland, TX | Aug 2009- Sept 2011
• Performed pick and drop responsibly for 18 special needs children on a daily basis who traveled in the bus assisted by two attendants
• Checked the vehicle for tuning needs from time to time to ensure proper maintenance and efficiency of the vehicle
• Cleaned the vehicle regularly and sent for washing and weekly service
• Attained the title of ‘most punctual driver’.
Texas High School, Midland, TX – 2005