Working as a fuel truck driver is challenging yet rewarding, which is why it is imperative that you write your cover letter to convince the hiring manager that you are up for it.
Speaking about your skills primarily is what will get you into the hiring manager’s good books. Specifically, highlight the following skills in your cover letter:
- Loading and unloading fuel to and from fuel trucks
- Reading gauges and meters to determine loaded quantities
- Connecting hoses to tanks and ensure the safe removal
- Safely transporting fuels
Ensuring that your fuel truck driver cover letter complements your resume is vital. So, if you have written in your resume that you have safely transported fuel, your cover letter should mention exactly what precautions you are aware of.
To see how you can write a cover letter for a fuel truck driver resume, refer to the following sample:
Sample Cover Letter for Fuel Truck Driver
July 10, 2020
Mr. Harold Tideman
Human Resources Manager
Froesel Oil Company
99 Rut Road
Lake Charles, LA38204
Dear Mr. Tideman:
I read your advertisement for a fuel truck driver with great interest, as I see a common link between what you need, and what I have to offer. Since my experience aligns so well with your requirements, I am certain that I would make value addition to your fleet of fuel truck drivers.
With more than 9 years of experience in this regard, I am now adept at handling a wide array of tasks, including vehicle inspection, loading and offloading, and map routing. My on-the-job-experience has afforded me a well-placed skill set along with expertise in the following areas:
- Demonstrated ability to ensure fuel delivery in a timely and safe manner.
- Able to attach fuel tanks to hoses, ensuring that all safety protocols are followed properly.
- Deeply familiar with reading gauges and meters in order to ensure the proper filling amount.
- Known for following all DOT regulations while on the road.
In addition to this, I possess a passion for efficient logistics, which I believe is the core of working in this arena. Once you review the enclosed resume, I am positive that you will agree that I am the best person to hire as a fuel truck driver at Froesel Oil Company.
I will remain in contact to set up a convenient meeting time. Till then, please reach out at (000) 972-3125 if required.