A fuel truck driver has to write a resume that impacts the hiring manager in a positive way.
In order to do this, you have to ensure that your resume depicts information about your experience in driving fuel trucks, ensuring that they are loaded and unloaded safely.
Specific information regarding your skills such as knowledge of inspecting assigned trucks and understanding of load rack operations is very important to highlight in your resume. .
Equally important is to focus on your experience in using assigned resources such as site maps, and tank labels are important when writing a fuel truck driver’s resume.
It is imperative to realize that the content of your fuel truck driver resume should be in sync with the hiring manager’s requirements.
In order to write a well-placed resume for this position, refer to the following sample:
Sample Resume for Fuel Truck Driver Position
710 Bright Lane, Monroe, LA48204
FUEL TRUCK DRIVER
Competent and safety-oriented Fuel Truck Driver with 9+ years of solid work experience in driving and maintaining fuel trucks on short and long hauls. Effectively able to handle loading and unloading work, in sync with set protocols and procedures. Known for performing all work and keeping safety precautions a priority. Can-do attitude with great attention to detail.
• Vehicle Inspection
• Truck Positioning
• Hose Connecting
• Ground Wire Operations
• Meter Count Monitoring
• Hazard Prevention
• Emergency Handling
• Introduced a series of safety precautions not previously listened to, as a result, decreased accident chances by 50%.
• Successfully delivered fuel between 2 states, covering a distance of 1800 miles, within the provided timeline.
• Trained newly hired fuel truck drivers in handling truck positioning, and hose connecting work as part of their induction period.
Fuel Truck Driver
Montegro Petroleum, Monroe, LA
Mar 2017 – Present
• Inspect assigned fuel trucks to ensure that they are in good working order
• Maneuver trucks onto pallets in order to ensure proper filling
• Maintain knowledge of load rack operations
• Connect hoses to tankers and check gauges to ensure proper filling
• Ensure that fuel tanks are properly sealed post filling
• Clean extra fuel from the truck body before setting out
• Map routes using GPS and standard maps
• Keep in touch with dispatchers to keep them updated about the delivery status
• Deliver fuel to construction and other sites in a timely manner
• Ensure all documentation is properly maintained
Froesel Inc., Monroe, LA
May 2012 – Mar 2017
• Assisted in loading and unloading items to and from assigned trucks
• Ensured proper inspection of trucks before and after hauls
• Delivered items to destinations, and handled payments when necessary
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on assigned trucks
• Created logs of each haul and ensured that all documentation was duly completed
High School Diploma
St. Christopher’s High School, Monroe, LA