Are you applying for an academic coach position for a while now but without any results?
The usual reaction of candidates is to attribute the unsuccessful job hunt onto the aggressive competition in the job market.
While this is a possibility, another equally contributing factor that plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of a job hunt is the quality of your resume.
An academic coach resume might be just a piece of paper containing one’s professional information. In reality, however, it is not only that, it’s much more.
This paper is your golden opportunity for self-promotion, a chance to sell your candidacy and achieve your dream job.
It’s time to bring diversity to your resume now. There are certain resume specific clichés like the career objective and job description in the form of duties that make your resume look old. It’s time to rid your resume off these antiquities and build a contemporary academic coach resume based on current resume writing guidelines.
Academic Coach Resume Example
621 Avalon Sq, Sylva, NC 39290
Dynamic and self-motivated educational counselor with a 12-plus-year proven record of academic coaching and learning support. Expert in short and long-term goal setting to enhance learning experience after analyzing student data in detail and identifying individualized obstacles in learning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Academic Motivation||• Student Tutoring||• Vocational Guidance|
|• Advisory Relationship||• Skill Development||• Needs Recognition|
|• Goal Setting||• Instructional Management||• Behavior Reporting|
|• Progress Monitoring||• Student Counseling||• Support Planning|
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Sylva, NC
Academic Coach 2011-present
• Reduce dropout rate by 50% through effective student counseling and identification of high-risk students
• Hoste 4 workshops on the importance of college education and available education lease and scholarship programs for groups of final year high school students, which considerably enhanced college admissions
• Develop intervention strategies to improve student’s learning when needed
• Collaborate with students and parents to deal with obstacles in learning process
• Conduct daily and weekly advisory sessions for counseling and student progress monitoring
DEAN’S COLLEGE, Sylva, NC
Student Support Officer 2006-2011
• Increased disabled student success rate by 70% during the first year of employment by actively facilitating students in countering the academic barriers being faced by them
• Earned the ‘most dedicate employee’ award in 2010
• Administered and scored interest inventories for career planning
• Assisted the teachers in adopting effective instructional strategies as per needs of students
• Conducted sessions with students to develop individualized learning plans
PGG COLLEGE, Sylva, NC
MS Degree in Education
Last updated on