Are you applying for an academic coach position for a while now but without any results?
The usual reaction of candidates is to attribute the unsuccessful job hunt onto the aggressive competition in the job market.
While this is a possibility, another equally contributing factor that plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of a job hunt is the quality of your resume.
An academic coach resume might be just a piece of paper containing one’s professional information. In reality, however, it is not only that, it’s much more.
This paper is your golden opportunity for self-promotion, a chance to sell your candidacy and achieve your dream job.
It’s time to bring diversity to your resume now.
There are certain resume specific clichés like the career objective and job description in the form of duties that make your resume look old.
It’s time to rid your resume off these antiquities and build a contemporary academic coach resume based on current resume writing guidelines.
See also: Academic Coach Cover Letter
Academic Coach Resume Example
621 Avalon Sq, Sylva, NC 39290
A dynamic and self-motivated educational counselor with a 12-plus-year proven record of academic coaching and learning support. Expert in short and long-term goal setting to enhance learning experience after analyzing student data in detail and identifying individualized obstacles in learning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Academic Motivation
• Advisory Relationship
• Goal Setting
• Progress Monitoring
|• Student Tutoring
• Skill Development
• Instructional Management
• Student Counseling
|• Vocational Guidance
• Needs Recognition
• Behavior Reporting
• Support Planning
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Sylva, NC | 2011-present
• Reduce the dropout rate by 50% through effective student counseling and identification of high-risk students
• Hoste 4 workshops on the importance of college education and available education lease and scholarship programs for groups of final year high school students, which considerably enhanced college admissions
• Develop intervention strategies to improve student’s learning when needed
• Collaborate with students and parents to deal with obstacles in the learning process
• Conduct daily and weekly advisory sessions for counseling and student progress monitoring
Student Support Officer
DEAN’S COLLEGE, Sylva, NC | 2006-2011
• Increased disabled student success rate by 70% during the first year of employment by actively facilitating students in countering the academic barriers being faced by them
• Earned the ‘most dedicate employee’ award in 2010
• Administered and scored interest inventories for career planning
• Assisted the teachers in adopting effective instructional strategies as per the needs of students
• Conducted sessions with students to develop individualized learning plans
MS Degree in Education
PGG COLLEGE, Sylva, NC