Delivery truck drivers usually drive small trucks or vans within the city limits to deliver products to specific locations.
A delivery truck driver may work solely for the company that needs goods delivered or for an agency that provides companies with delivery services.
Writing an impressive resume for a delivery driver job is a challenging task due to the high level of competition in the present-day job market.
Job seekers need an extraordinary resume just to get noticed by the prospective employer – and even that does not guarantee a job.
All a well-built resume can do is to get you a job interview. However, an interview is the first step in the hiring process so it is advisable to update and renovate your resume before applying for a position.
See also: Delivery Driver Cover Letter Sample
Delivery Truck Driver Resume Sample 1
54 Evelyn Blvd
Rocklin, CA 45006
harold @ email . com
DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVER
Record of driving a wide range of trucks and transporting goods safely.
Highly cautious and detail-oriented Class A CDL holder with 6+ years’ successful experience in safely driving trucks, verifying loads against shipment orders, and obtaining delivery receipts. Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and develop positive relationships. Proven team player and an excellent communicator, apt at maintaining logs and conducting preventive maintenance of the assigned vehicle. Well-versed in HAZMAT carriage and delivery precautions and protocols.
– Map Reading
– Order Processing
– Loading/ Unloading
– Route Coordination
– GPS Navigation
– Record Keeping
– Preventive Maintenance
– Vehicle Cleaning
– Pre/Post Trip Inspections
– Payment Collection
– DOT Adherence
– Merchandise Packing
• Enhanced customer satisfaction level by 30% through demonstration of professional work ethic and customer-service-oriented attitude towards work.
• Identified a transition oil leakage problem at early stages, saving the company a replacement and repair cost of $15000.
• Earned the most punctual driver award thrice.
Delivery Truck Driver
WE DELIVER, Rocklin, CA
8/2010 to Present
• Coordinate with the manager regarding delivery routes and pick-up locations.
• Obtain route clearance from the Highway authorities.
• Conduct pre and post-trip inspections and get the vehicle serviced regularly.
• Make timely deliveries in a safe manner.
LOGISTIC SOLUTIONS, Rocklin, CA
6/2009 to 7/2011
• Accompanied the driver on delivery tours and assisted in loading and unloading.
• Maintained a complete record of deliveries made and orders taken.
• Verified delivery of all items against given orders checklist.
G.E.D, CITY SCHOOL, Rocklin, MD, 2009
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Load lifting ability up to 50 lbs
• Ability to read, write and follow instructions
• Familiar with highway traffic laws regarding the heavy vehicle driving
Delivery Truck Driver Resume Sample 2
12 Seward Avenue, Bronx, NY 66663
(965) 019-9789, Email
Looking for a position as a Delivery Truck Driver with Amway Goods utilizing superb driving and navigation skills, to deliver the company’s goods in a time-efficient manner.
• Over a decade of experience working as a Truck Driver
• Class A CDL
• Highly skilled in driving all kinds of trucks, vans, and heavy vehicles
• Hands-on experience in performing routine inspections managing vehicle maintenance and problems
• In-depth knowledge of using both maps and the GPS systems
• Proficient in managing related paperwork
• Able to collect and organize necessary paperwork for delivery and transfer activity
• Delivered a huge shipment of precious stones to a client’s address while maintaining the integrity of the shipment
• Demonstrated training acumen by assisting in providing training to newly hired truck drivers pertinent to driving safely and navigation protocols
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Delivery Truck Driver
Dan’s Delivery Services – Bronx, NY
• Drive company’s vehicle to deliver all sorts of shipments to diverse locations within the city
• Collect payments from customers on COD orders
• Record travel and customer information in the logbook
• Obtain customer signatures on receipts
• Maintained good knowledge of truck safety procedures
• Operated single-axle trucks
Delivery Truck Driver
ABC Company – Bronx, NY
• Maintained cleanliness and appearance of the truck
• Determined and made minor repairs to the vehicle
• Created liaison with both shipping and receiving managers
High School Diploma
Bronx High School, Bronx, NY
• Good communication and public interaction skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Exceptional understanding of road and traffic rules