After school teachers interact with students to determine how a school program will benefit them. They implement curriculum focused on developmental directives. It is the job of an after school teacher to maintain a safe environment for students and manage and monitor them during play activities and on field trips. They are also expected to chart out recreational activities or remedial studies depending on the classes that they are expected to take.
After school teachers are basically trained lead teachers who opt for extended school programs. They are highly competent in their specific subject and are required to possess the ability to impart lessons in an effective manner.
Resumes written for the position of an after school teacher needs to reflect a teacher’s ability to handle extended school programs. This also includes the ability to design and implement activities for the social and physical development of students. Look at the example and format below to get a better idea.
310 Tower Hill Road ■ Sawyer, MI 73600 ■ (999) 999-9999 ■ [Email]
PROFILE: Highly enthusiastic After School Teacher with 3 years’ devoted experience as a lead teacher. Track record of designing and implementing school programs with special focus on extended school activities. Hands on experience in developing curriculum and lesson plans and imparting knowledge to students from different socioeconomic backgrounds. Recognized for formulating a variety of interactive materials to aid in extended school programs.
• Games and activities organization
• Homework assistance
• Communication with parents
• Safe and healthy environment creation
• Classroom behavior management
• Policy compliance
• Prepared a series of hands-on and interactive lesson plans for the school’s extended program
• Conducted several after school programs based on remedial studies and physical education
• Introduced a safety education class as part of regular and extended school
• Promoted to the position of a lead teacher within six months of working as a teacher’s aid
Lead Teacher | Atlanti Elementary School, Sawyer, MI Jan 2011 – Present
• Prepare and develop class curriculum
• Ensure that all lesson planning activities are in accordance to the curriculum
• Prepare and implement lesson plans based on individual student’s needs
• Formulate exam papers and manage grading
• Assist students in developing good habits and behavior
• Provide assistance for extended school programs
• Manage class activities and ensure that all students participate effectively
Teacher’s Assistant | Atlanti Elementary School, Sawyer, MI Jun 2010 – Jan 2011
• Assisted lead teacher in formulating curriculum and lesson plans
• Provided support in imparting education based on lesson plans
• Managed lessons and student behavior in the absence of the lead teacher
• Ensured that all educational materials are handed out to the students
• Assisted the lead teacher in grading papers
• Assisted students during lunchtime and during outdoor activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Education | Sawyer College of Education, Sawyer, MI – 2009
Early Childhood Certification