‘Resume’ is a word we hear a lot during the custodian job-hunting process. A custodian resume or CV is a document that lists your career summary or objective, experience, education, skills, as well as achievements.
You’ll need a resume to apply for almost any custodian position. There are many custodian resume formats, and templates are present in MS Word and the internet. But employers prefer custom-build resumes for custodian positions.
Custodian Resume Sections
Popular sections of a modern custodian resume include summary, skills, areas of expertise, achievements, experience, and education. You can also use a Custodian Objective if you are an entry-level candidate.
Once you choose a suitable custodian resume format, all you need to do is to fill in these sections with relevant information.
Take a look at the template below to get help in writing a winning resume for a custodian job.
Custodian Resume Example
677 De Leon Ave, Atlanta, GA 49277
Committed to ensuring a clean, organized, and well-maintained facility.
Disciplined and diligent Custodian with 11+ years’ hands-on experience in performing all kinds of repair and maintenance work in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines. An outgoing communicator who works well with staff and clients. Works collaboratively as well as independently. Bilingual: Spanish and English.
• Particularly effective in cleaning, mopping, dusting, floor polishing, and laundry tasks.
• Well-versed with standard cleaning procedures and cleaning chemicals safety protocols.
• Capable of disposing of trash in a sanitary manner.
• Competent at clearing snow using the vacuum and chemical methods.
• Familiar with modern automatic and manual cleaning equipment.
• Customer Service • Neat Appearance
• Grounds Maintenance • Organization
• Can-do Attitude • Decision Making• Communication
• Preventive Maintenance • Sense of Urgency
Metropolitan College, Atlanta, GA | Jul 2014 – Present
• Clean the assigned area daily and report any damages/repairs needed.
• Wash and polish floors using buff cleaners.
• Maintain the storage area and cleaning equipment in a neat and clean condition.
• Carry out laundry tasks as and when needed.
• Renovated the dean’s office before the annual function, shampooing the carpet manually and single-handedly.
• Introduced liquid glass cleaners at the premises, resulting in the bright window and door glasses, saving a lot of manual labor.
Goodwill Store, Atlanta, GA | Aug 2008 – Jun 2014
• Cleaned washrooms and try rooms and replenished supplies.
• Scrubbed floors using modern scrubbing machines.
• Used chemicals for cleaning, mopping and polishing allotted space.
• Dusted the racks and shelves carefully on a daily basis.
• Utilized disinfectants effectively where applicable.
• Fixed 12 recently installed faulty moveable racks on the allotted floor just before the holiday season.
Georgia Public School, Atlanta, GA | 2007
• Excellent physical stamina and load lifting ability
• Proven ability to read, write and understand instructions
“I offer a strong passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences.”