A custodian resume or CV is a document that is required to apply for a new job.
You’ll need a resume to apply for almost any custodian position. There are many custodian resume formats, and templates are present in MS Word and the internet. But employers prefer custom-built resumes for custodian positions.
Popular sections of a custodian resume include a summary, skills, areas of expertise, achievements, experience, and education. You can also use a Custodian Objective Statement if you are an entry-level candidate.
Take a look at the template below to get help in writing a winning resume for a custodian job.
Custodian Resume Example
Atlanta, GA 49277
Committed to ensuring a clean, organized, and well-maintained facility.
Disciplined and diligent Custodian with 11+ years of hands-on experience in performing all kinds of repair and maintenance work in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines. An outgoing communicator who works well with staff and clients. Works collaboratively as well as independently. Bilingual: Spanish and English.
• Particularly effective in cleaning, mopping, dusting, floor polishing, and laundry tasks.
• Well-versed with standard cleaning procedures and cleaning chemicals safety protocols.
• Capable of disposing of trash in a sanitary manner.
• Competent at clearing snow using vacuum and chemical methods.
• Familiar with modern automatic and manual cleaning equipment.
• Customer Service • Neat Appearance
• Grounds Maintenance • Organization
• Can-do Attitude • Decision Making• Communication
• Preventive Maintenance • Sense of Urgency
Metropolitan College, Atlanta, GA
Jul 2014 – Present
• Clean the assigned area daily and report any damages/repairs needed.
• Wash and polish floors using buff cleaners.
• Maintain the storage area and cleaning equipment in a neat and clean condition.
• Carry out laundry tasks as and when needed.
• Renovated the dean’s office before the annual function, shampooing the carpet manually and single-handedly.
• Introduced liquid glass cleaners at the premises, resulting in bright window and door glasses, saving a lot of manual labor.
Goodwill Store, Atlanta, GA
Aug 2008 – Jun 2014
• Cleaned washrooms and try rooms and replenished supplies.
• Scrubbed floors using modern scrubbing machines.
• Used chemicals for cleaning, mopping, and polishing allotted space.
• Dusted the racks and shelves carefully on a daily basis.
• Utilized disinfectants effectively where applicable.
• Fixed 12 recently installed faulty moveable racks on the allotted floor just before the holiday season.
Georgia Public School, Atlanta, GA | 2007
• Excellent physical stamina and load-lifting ability
• Proven ability to read, write and understand instructions
“I offer a strong passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences.”
Custodian Skills for Resume
Right after a custodian resume summary or objective statement, you should highlight your skills. This section should be short yet comprehensive.
While you don’t need to write a lot of information here, whatever you do write needs to be all-encompassing. A mere 4-5 sentences should suffice to provide the employer with a good view of what you are capable of.
It is true that most cover letters do have all the information on your qualifications, but it is also important to place them in resumes. Cover letters are read and sometimes not registered properly until the complementing information is seen in a resume.
The skills section of your resume is considered the most important after the summary, which is why it comes right after the summary.
To see how you can place skills in a custodian resume, here are some examples:
- Highly experienced in performing inspections to ensure complete airtight security of the premises.
- Exceptionally well-versed in cleaning buildings by sweeping and mopping floors in rooms, apartments, lobbies, and offices.
- Demonstrated expertise in performing grounds maintenance by efficiently performing mowing, watering, sweeping, and weeding activities.
- Documented success in handling trash management duties by effectively removing trash from bins and ashtrays and ensuring that it is properly disposed of.
- Proficient in implementing sanitization practices to ensure absolute safety from diseases and illnesses.
- Adept at managing floor cleaning activities by efficiently picking up litter, removing gum, and sanitizing surfaces according to established protocols
- Deeply familiar with operating cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, scrubbers, and buffers to ensure a neat and maintained outlook of the building.
- Effectively able to set building alarms in an accurate manner to ward off the dangers of burglaries.
- Proven record of effectively and safely mixing and using chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to surfaces.
- Able to ensure building security by performing lockdown and opening duties at the end and beginning of each day
- Competent in identifying the need for repairs and maintenance inside and outside assigned buildings, and immediately notifying the manager.
- Exceptionally talented in removing snow from sidewalks, parking areas, and driveways making effective use of shovels and snowblowers.
Related: Custodian Cover Letter Sample