A construction apprentice must write a resume to apply for the position, so as to learn construction work in detail.
In the resume, make sure that you highlight your interest in the work, and skills in learning the ropes.
Your construction apprentice resume should essentially emphasize your ability to perform construction assistance work such as digging trenches, and clearing worksites.
Since you will not have any experience in this regard, you will need to focus on your ability to learn the trade, and eventually contribute.
It is important to make your construction apprentice resume a treat to read. Competition is tough in the construction arena, so you have to stand at the top of the candidate list if you want to be hired.
Construction Apprentice Resume Example
1 Beetle Road, New York City, NY 69790
Physically dexterous individual, with an inherent interest in construction work. Competent in performing worksite clearing work, with excellent skills in digging footings, using hands and equipment. Knowledge of loading and unloading materials, and ensuring proper storage of equipment and resources.
High School Diploma
St. Peterson’s High School, New York City, NY – 2019
• Algebra • Community Care
• Literature • Creative Writing
• Journalism • Creative Writing
• Picked out of a student body of 1500 to represent the school at a literature convention, held in Buffalo, NY
• Topped the class in academics for 5 years in a row, obtaining the principal’s special award
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Back-filling • Equipment Use
• Preventative Maintenance • Site Preparation
• Traffic Control • Scaffolding Oversight
• Health and Safety Regulations
United Construction, New York City, NY
2/2020 – Present
• Prepared construction sites by clearing them, and removing debris
• Unloaded materials from delivery trucks, and carried them to worksites
• Assembled and broke down barricades, and temporary structures
• Regulated traffic by erecting traffic and diversion signs
• Dug holes, trenches, and tunnels to aid the construction process
• Assisted in mixing and pouring concrete
• Supported structure demolition work
• Prepared and applied construction materials to fill gaps
• Sprayed materials such as sand, paint, and stucco
• Used saws, hammers and other tools to perform construction work
• Stored materials and equipment at the end of each shift
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Worked as a volunteer at Pages Orphanage for 3 years
• Spearheaded a team of volunteers to help on a recycling drive