A community volunteer can gain valuable experience in community work and events fundraising.
And if this is the role that you want to work at, it is essential that you write a resume to impress upon the hiring manager that you are the right person to hire.
Your community volunteer resume should speak volumes for your skills in this regard. Past experience is not necessary, but if you have had a similar experience, do not be shy in mentioning it.
Also, make sure that your resume highlights your knowledge of day-to-day customer care of the community, and events fundraising activities, as required by coordinators.
In addition to skills and experience, you can highlight your academic skills, which may relate to community work.
Community Volunteer Resume Example
640 Land Road, Allentown, PA 52578
A resourceful individual with a deep interest in community work. Well-versed in educating the community about the company’s work. Familiar with talking to the public about core events and the importance of outreach work. Knowledge of staying updated about a variety of services and opportunities.
High School Diploma
Allentown High School, Allentown, PA – 2021
• Community Assistance • Shop Class
• Journalism • Creative Writing
• Debates • Poetry
• Contemporary Literature
• Continuously stood at the top of the class for 3 years in a row
• Chosen as the only student to represent the school in the community outreach program, held in Erie, PA
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Volunteer Policies • Orientation
• Performance Evaluation • Filing and Data Entry
• Office Space Maintenance • Special Events Management
• Outreach • Community Education
People Are Us, Allentown, PA
Feb 2021 – July 2021
• Coordinated efforts to handle outreach and marketing programs
• Assisted in managing and overseeing outreach and fundraising events
• Coordinated and supported the work of volunteers
• Ran projects in order to attract new volunteers
• Managed budgets and assisted with day to day customer care
• Sent out fundraising materials in order to educate community members
• Assisted in coordinating event receptions, and researching venues
• Serviced incoming telephone calls by providing information and assistance
• Maintained the quality and consistency of volunteer work processes
• Assisted in training and developing newly hired volunteers
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Volunteered services at Save The Planet, for 3 years in a row, between 2016 and 2019
• Led a team of community volunteers on a huge cleaning spree, backed by Green Earth