Where prospective employers are concerned, your job application documents must be perfectly presented.
An applicant who spends effort and time on creating a resume, always makes it to the top.
Here is a sample resume to help you along:
Road Construction Laborer Resume Example
Sunflower Drive, Spring Hill, TN 70021
jhend @ email . com
ROAD CONSTRUCTION LABORER
Physically agile and dexterous Laborer with over 7 years of experience of working as a road construction laborer. Highly skilled in cleaning and preparing sites to assist workers in performing construction work in a profound manner.
Effectively reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities. Able to control traffic by directing it through diversions, and setting up traffic cones and signs. Deep familiarity with signaling equipment operators to facilitate alignment and movement of machinery, equipment, and materials. Proven ability to dig ditches and trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth as instructed
|✓ Traffic Control||✓ Digging||✓ Debris Clearing|
|v Excavation Support||✓ Measuring and Marking||✓ Tools Handling|
|✓ Equipment Operations||✓ Drawings Comprehension||✓ Concrete Pouring|
|✓ Forms Dismantling||✓ Machinery Use||✓ Alignment Facilitation|
• Provided support to 2 road construction projects at the same time, in the event of staff shortage.
• Implemented an efficient traffic control system, which depended on signals and diversions to help navigate traffic onto different routes.
• Introduced a forms dismantling system, which was considered 75% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Devised an onsite tools and machinery inventory system, resulting in increased security of both.
Road Construction Laborer
Concrete Solutions, Spring Hill, TN | 6/2012 – Present
• Clear prospective work areas of debris and hazardous materials to make them ready for work purposes.
• Read and understand work plans and drawings to determine how to handle initial digging work.
• Perform digging using a wide variety of tools to assist workers in creating new road designs.
• Set up traffic cones and signs to divert traffic from under-construction roads and highways.
• Direct traffic through hand signals, in the event of high traffic volume.
• Position, join, and align structural components such as concrete blocks.
• Load, and unload road construction materials, and distribute them to appropriate locations within the work area.
• Ascertain that all tools and equipment are properly put away at the end of each shift.
T Mark Solutions, Spring Hill, TN| 2/2009 – 5/2012
• Followed instructions for cleaning work areas by sweeping up debris.
• Ascertained that all required tools and machinery were properly laid out / set up.
• Assisted laborers in digging trenches and holes, according to provided instructions.
• Provided support in setting up traffic cones and signs, to divert traffic to alternate routes.
• Ascertained that all tools were gathered and placed into a designated safe place after being used.
Spring Hill High School, Spring Hill, TN – 2009
High School Diploma