Learning another language such as Mandarin is not only fun – it is also a need.
With China becoming a large business hub, many people want to learn their main language so as to explore business opportunities.
As a Mandarin teacher, there is a huge scope for you, teaching the language to both youngsters and adults.
But your resume has to be spot on if you intend to obtain this position.
Knowledge of and experience in teaching Mandarin must be highlighted in your resume.
You should also focus on your ability to reach out to individual students and student groups effectively in your resume.
The following example will guide you further in this regard.
Mandarin Teacher Resume and CV Sample
52 Edison Road SE, Buffalo, NY57031
Experienced Mandarin Teacher, with 8+ years of exposure to lesson planning and imparting. Demonstrated expertise in creating a curriculum to meet the specific student groups’ requirements. unmatched ability to develop interactive instructional programs to engage students in learning processes.
Curriculum Development | Lesson Planning
Group Education | Learning Process
Performance Monitoring | Skills Development
Relationship Building | Records Management
Progressive Learning | Student Interaction
Idea Identification | Resource Development
East Language Center, Buffalo, NY
5/2016 – Present
• Create Mandarin lesson plans in accordance with a set curriculum
• Impart education to students based on lesson plans
• Create resources to assist in imparting education to students
• Teach basic language, in a fun and engaging way
• Assist students in learning different concept on a one on one basis
• Assess students’ ability to understand the language, and provide extra help where needed
• Administer tests and exams, and mark assignments according to grade sheets
• Give out homework and classwork, and assist students in understanding difficult concepts
• Ensure students’ safety and wellbeing on a constant basis
• Oversee student behavior, and intervene where necessary
• Take and record attendance, and highlight attendance issues, such as leaves and absences
• Successfully taught basic Mandarin to 800+ students
• Implemented an IEP for students, based on their specific learning limitations, and strengths
• Introduced a series of resources, proved to be highly successful in teaching Mandarin to advanced students
Assistant Mandarin Teacher
Berwick Academy, Buffalo, NY
2/2013 – 5/2016
• Assisted lead teachers in imparting language education
• Developed resources in aid of classroom instruction
• Oversaw students in order to ensure good behavior
• Created a classroom environment conducive to learning and development
• Maintain students’ records in a confidential manner
Master Degree in Chinese
New York University of Languages, Buffalo, NY – 2013