Construction laborers work on projects like buildings and highways. They clean and prepare sites by removing debris, digging trenches, and assembling and disassembling structures.
For a laborer job, you will need to rely heavily on your physical agility, ability to follow instructions, and understanding of construction procedures. These kinds of capabilities need to be highlighted on your resume as they will provide a possible employer with valuable information to process your application.
Following is a resume sample that will help you apply for a job as a construction laborer. You may modify it according to your skills and experiences.
This format is suitable for mid-level and experienced candidates.
Sample Resume for Construction Laborer Position
670 Waterloo Street, Rapid City, SD 63534
(000) 999-9999 | [Email]
Dependable and enthusiastic Construction Laborer with eight years’ solid experience in providing support to diverse construction projects. Strong drive for results, effective communication skills, and a proven ability to execute instructions effectively. Proven record of working efficiently with others in a team environment.
Actively prepared worksites to optimize construction work processes. Ability to operate machines and tools in confined and hazardous environments. Competent in positioning and aligning structural components for temporary and permanent structures.
• OSHA safety training
• Current First Aid and CPR certificate
• Current SD driver’s license with a clean driving record
B Construction Company – Rapid City, SD
Mar 2010 – Present
• Clean construction sites to prepare them for construction processes.
• Ensure that all hazardous materials are removed from the proposed sites.
• Pour cement or concrete in designated areas.
• Dig ditches and trenches according to work plans.
• Install sewer or drain pipes.
• Lubricate and clean machinery properly.
• Erect and dismantle structures, scaffolding, and traffic barricades.
• Expedited the site clearing process by employing processes that work keeping time efficiency in mind.
• Managed a particularly problematic issue on the construction site by applying strategic tactics to resolve the issue.
Orlando Laborers JATC – Orlando, FL
Sep 2005 – Mar 2010
• Assisted in clearing debris on construction sites.
• Helped with maintaining machinery and hand tools on a periodic basis.
• Managed roadside maintenance by trimming trees and cleaning ditches.
• Drove equipment and supplies truck to and from the site.
• Filled potholes, shoveled and raked materials, and spread asphalt and gravel as instructed.
• Successfully warded off a potential hazard to the site by employing quick thinking and analytic skills.
• Offered a full-time construction laborer job within five months of an apprenticeship following excellence in performing work duties.
GED | Orlando High School, Orlando, FL
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Raking and shoveling
- Repair and maintenance
- Debris cleaning
- Site cleanliness
- Drainage work
- Tools utilization
- Traffic flagging