Staff assistants are employed by private and public sector organizations to handle the many clerical and administrative duties intending to helping the staff in an organization.
Depending on the requirements, s/he may assist one member or an entire staff within an office environment.
Their work includes answering telephone calls, relaying messages, providing callers with the necessary information, and handling emailing, faxing and filing duties.
To write a good resume for a staff assistant’s position, it is imperative to understand the requirements of the prospective company.
Resumes are all about what you have done professionally and how you could meet and exceed the demands of a prospective employer.
Since resumes serve to provide employers with insight into your professional side, they need to be more than just a good piece of writing – they need to possess the force to keep employers interested.
To comprehend clearly what the role of a staff assistant is, let us refer to the list of duties below that you can use as part of your resume or cover letter.
See also: Staff Assistant Cover Letter
Sample Job Description for Staff Assistant Resume
• Assist staff members by providing them with support in writing memos, letters, and emails
• Handle faxing jobs and ensure that all records are appropriately filed
• Take telephone calls and give the callers limited information regarding staff and services
• Relay telephone calls to concerned staff members
• Take and relay messages when needed
• Deal with staff schedules and organize meetings
• Process forms and handle data entry activities
• Greets visitors as they arrive at the office and direct them to their required departments or staff members
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare responses to routine inquiries
• Update records, certificates, and other vital documents
• Order office supplies and maintain an inventory of stock regularly
• Handle everyday light bookkeeping activities including billing and some accounting activities
• Serve as a liaison between departments and staff members
• Prepare reports and statistical sheets in regards to the operations the representing unit
• Transcribe correspondence and take dictation from staff members
• Resolve a range of administrative and clerical problems to ensure office harmony
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements for staff members
• Ensure that all office equipment is used correctly and maintained regularly
• Work with the communications and marketing departments specifically to ensure timely and accurate production of marketing and outreach programs
• Provide support in tracking departmental budgets by trailing and compiling expenses regularly