If you are thinking to apply for an elderly caregiver position, then it’s time to create or update your Elderly Caregiver resume.
In an elderly caregiver resume, you must focus on the needs of the employer.
It is true that a caregiver’s primary job is to look after people. But there are specific other duties you might need to perform depending on the clients you are taking care of. Therefore, mention all of your experiences and skills in your resume.
Take a look at a resume sample of an elderly caregiver position.
See also: Elderly Caregiver Cover Letter
Elderly Caregiver Resume Example
6201 Delaware Street, Elizabethport, NJ 02344
❖❖ ELDERLY CAREGIVER ❖❖
11+ years’ hands-on experience in assisting elderly clients by employing compassion and tact. Able to handle adverse situations with high precision. Demonstrated ability to manage medical emergencies appropriately. Knowledge of common old age diseases and their management on a personal level.
• Errands running
• Meal preparation
• General assistance
• Personal care
• Light housekeeping
• Appointments management
• Streamlined the caregiving procedures at the facility by introducing a “Compassion-First” policy that worked wonders in terms of feedback received from residents’ families.
• Proved invaluable in improving coordination between different departments of the facility to aid the caregiving process.
• Published 7+ articles in three years on the impact of Parkinson’s disease on elderly patients and possible ways to resist it.
• Decreased the facility’s entertainment costs by 50% by introducing on-facility entertainment.
Senior Helpers, Elizabethport, NJ
2011 – Present
• Provide caring companionship and the benefit of conversation to residents.
• Assist the kitchen staff in preparing resident specific meals by following set meal plans.
• Provide support for grooming, bathing, toileting, and dressing.
• Assist in providing stabilization and help residents in walking and finding their balance.
• Administer limited medication as instructed by the doctor.
• Take and record residents’ vitals regularly.
• Perform light housekeeping activities and run errands such as shopping for supplies.
• Ensure that residents’ linen is clean and changed every day.
• Manage residents’ laundry and ironing needs.
• Provide companionship during walks and other recreational activities.
• Escort residents to doctors’ appointments and provide a shoulder to lean on.
ABC Caregivers, Elizabethport, NJ
2007 – 2011
• Assisted residents in handling their personal needs, such as toileting and bathing.
• Ensured that the food given to residents is in sync with doctors’ orders.
• Supported residents in eating their meals and provided them with medication reminders.
• Helped in dressing and grooming activities.
• Accompanied residents to doctors’ appointments and assisted them in taking part in social activities.
High School Diploma
BATTLEHARD HIGH SCHOOL, Elizabethport, NJ