Reservation agents work on helplines of different companies depending on their setting. They may work in airline offices, car rental offices, and hotels. They take calls from customers and provide them with information on schedules, tickets, and pricing and also make reservations on the phone.
A reservation helpline is usually open 24 hours a day with three or four shifts working around the clock.
They need to answers customers’ questions regarding changes in flights or other reservations and are expected to be entirely customer service-oriented.
If you are looking for a Reservation Agent job, you may be interested in the following resume sample.
Sample Resume for Reservation Agent
89 Hurricane Road, Bay Minette, AL 88333
Tel:(999) 999-9999, Email
7+ years of experience in performing front desk and reservation tasks while assisting guests with reservation inquiries. Demonstrated ability to obtain pertinent information such as desired schedules and affordability and provide comparative information. Conversant with working around schedules and cancellations along with managing complaints and proactively resolving issues.
• Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
• Ability to handle more than one customer at a time
• Well-versed with the norms of the hospitality industry
• Strong knowledge of scheduling processes
• Professional demeanor
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Hyatt, Bay Minette, AL | 2012 – 2019
• Took phone calls accurately from customers and provided relevant information, resulting in a 30% increase in overall reservations.
• Provided detailed information to walk-in guests, making them the long-term clients.
• Explained the features of the hotel and offered the most feasible room rates which led to a 15% increase in revenue
• Took deposits for new reservations and handed over customers to the hospitality department.
• Created invoices as and when required.
Front Desk Officer
Marriott, Bay Minnet, AL | 2011 – 2012
• Greeted customers as they arrived.
• Provided information regarding reservations, rates, and hotel policies.
• Took phone calls for information provision and dissemination purposes.
.• Rescheduled and cancel reservations as and when needed.
• Resolved complaints as and when necessary.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Diploma in Front Desk Management
City Community College, Bay Minnet, AL – 2006