Airline Reservation Agent Resume writing efforts can often hit black holes – times when you do not receive anything from the prospective employer, even when you have made such a great effort writing your resume.
The reason why sometimes there is no email, letter or pigeon from the employer is perhaps that your resume was not considered up to the mark.
Most generic resumes bring no results. Be specific to the position for which you are applying when you write a resume.
A little like this:
Airline Reservation Agent Resume Example
7 Martense Avenue | Corona, NY 11212 | (000) 632-8524 | madmonnn @ email . com
AIRLINE RESERVATION AGENT
Attentive and discreet, best known for efficiencies in servicing calls for information, in an airline reservation agent role. Skilled in confirming reservations for passengers, conferring with passengers to determine their travel preferences and requirements, handling public addressing systems to make announcements of arrivals and departures and providing boarding assistance to passengers with special needs. A systematic person who has solid track record of effectively servicing customers according to specific airline policies.
|✓ Documentation Examination||✓ Baggage Checks|
|✓ Lost Baggage Tracing||✓ Itinerary Preparation|
|✓ Refunds Management||✓ Excess Baggage Management|
|✓ Transactions Management||✓ Reservations|
|✓ Computerized Inventories||✓ Fares Computing|
|✓ Travel Vouchers Processing||✓ Conflict Handling|
• Successfully foiled a possible terror attack at the airport, by recognizing signs of agitation in a passenger and reporting him to the authorities.
• Implemented a solid lost and found items management system, which increased the chances of finding item owners by 75%.
• Introduced a fares calculation system which decreased the time it took to make real time calculations by 80%.
• Proved to be invaluable during a baggage checking spree, following a terror threat, resulting in identification of illegal items from a passenger’s bags.
Airline Reservation Agent
Airlink, Corona, NY | 6/2013 – Present
• Welcome passengers as they arrive at the reservation counter and inquire into their travelling preferences
• Look through the system to determine open slots and provide passengers with information regarding airlines and flight times
• Book passengers on their desired flight and provide them with information on ticket costs
• Ascertain that passengers are made aware of baggage policies and ensure that any excess baggage issues are communicated to them
• Provide accurate information regarding flights, products and destinations, and indulge in appropriate upselling activities
• Check in passengers by first gauging their reservation and ticketing status
• Issue tickets and itineraries and ensure that passengers are made aware of any changes in flight times
• Respond to reservation and flight information queries over the telephone, in accordance with the company’s protocols
US Air, Corona, NY| 2/2009 – 5/2013
• Greeted passengers and inquired into their reservation statuses
• Verified reservation statuses in the airline database and inquired into passengers’ flight preferences
• Issued tickets and ensured that passengers were made aware of airline / airport rules and regulations
• Checked in passengers’ bags after weighing them and ensuring that they were properly labeled
• Provided information to walk-in customers regarding flight times, destinations and special offers provided by their desired airlines
Airline Reservation Systems Training
Community College, Corona, NY | 2010
High School Diploma
Corona High School, Corona, NY | 2009