Building a resume for a personal assistant position is perhaps more challenging than tailoring resumes for any other position.
This is because a personal assistant resume needs to reflect the skills wanted by the specific employer, which might differ profoundly from one employer to another.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Personal Assistant Position?
- Before you start writing your resume, it is imperative to understand the potential employer’s expectations through reading the job description provided by them.
- Logically highlight your administrative and clerical support skills.
- Focus on some of your achievements as a personal assistant.
- Don’t forget to send a Personal Assistant Cover Letter along with your resume and job application documents.
Have a look at the 2 examples given below to get a better idea of how to write an excellent personal assistant resume in 2022.
Personal Assistant Resume Sample 1
48 Avalanche Blvd, Renton, WA 34007
PERSONAL ASSISTANT / EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
Record of providing administrative support on a one-to-one basis.
Detail-oriented and highly-organized Personal Assistant with 10+ years of experience in the administrative and executive assistance arena. Inborn problem solver with profound ability to multitask, plan, organize, and manage diverse office tasks. Proven ability to channel and coordinate assessments done with the collaboration of other departments.
SCOTT WEST, Renton, WA
7/2013 – Present
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the executive and make travel and stay arrangements.
- Maintain an activity calendar and appointments diary and remind the executive of upcoming commitments.
- Issue periodic financial reports and draft correspondence as needed.
- Organized an international conference and made stay and travel arrangements for 50+ international delegates and speakers.
- Attained 100% smooth appointment scheduling mechanism, by proactively implementing discrepancy free scheduling mechanisms.
- Overhauled the employee database and integrated all biodata and payroll information, enabling data retrieval in 30% lesser time.
SEARCH GROUP PARTNERS, Renton, WA
5/2011 – 6/2013
- Answered phone calls, handled mail, and upheld the front desk.
- Received and distributed communications and forwarded information from the office to the employees.
- Scheduled appointments with executives and served as an initial point of contact for the customers.
Associate of Arts in Management
ABC Technical College, Renton, WA
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Data Management
– Banking Assistance
– Travel Arrangements
– Minutes Typing
– Customer Service
– Appointment Scheduling
– Travel Arrangements
– Financial Reporting
– Diary Organization
– Phone Calls Management
– Correspondence Handling
– Event Coordination
– Presentation Making
– Meetings Arrangement
– Clerical Support
• MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Internet, Email, Social Media
Personal Assistant Resume Sample 2
7299 Hillside lane, Seattle, WA 98333
Dedicated and self-driven personal assistant with 5+ years of experience in assisting executives and staff in busy office settings. Highly intelligent and tech-savvy, with a track record of delivering superior administrative and clerical support to the managers proactively.
• Diary management
• Travel arrangement
• MS Office Applications
• Meetings management
• General administration
• Calendar handling
• Correspondence writing
• Event planning
• Ad-hoc duties
Dec 2019 – Present
YMCA, Seattle, WA
• Manage bank accounts, payrolls and track office budget.
• Keep appointments diary/ events calendar for the CEO.
• Assist in administrative tasks and make travel and stay arrangements for conference delegates.
• Conducted regular budgetary audits and reduced office staff costs by 20% through efficient budget planning and implementation.
• Secured a significant and inexpensive bid on merchandise required by the office and was commended for the same.
May 2016 – Dec 2019
Extendicare Services, Seattle, WA
• Fielded all incoming mail and proofread the outgoing mail.
• Took meeting minutes and issued weekly reports of ongoing projects.
• Handled all front desk tasks, served as a liaison between employees and president.
• Initiated an automated employee and client database along with a computerized stock inventory, which made data retrieval much more comfortable and less time taking, reducing the administration’s workload by 50%.
B.A Degree in Sociology
ABC College, Seattle, WA
• Multilingual (English, Spanish, French)
• Current driver’s license holder
• Track record of maintaining the confidentiality
• Exceptional internet research skills