One common suggestion that you will come across quite often is to make your resume accomplishments-oriented.
But what happens if you are unable to identify your achievements?
And what if you only have a list of your job duties in your mind but you do not know how to transform them into achievements?
Let us look at it this way – job duties are what you did in a role; achievements are how well you did. Easy, right? Right!
Writing down a list of possible achievements that you can write on a resume for a personal assistant position (mostly administrative) will get noticed quickly – and produce the results that you want, that is, get you to the interview stage quickly.
To write accomplishments or achievements on a personal assistant resume, you will first need to flesh out all that classifies as an achievement during the course of your career.
Keeping track of your accomplishments helps – since accomplishments paint a clear picture of the impact that you have had in each job that you have held, they are considered a crucial part of a resume.
Some examples of key achievements for a personal assistant include:
11 Sample Personal Assistant Achievements for a Resume
- Introduced a client scheduling program that decreased scheduling time by 50%.
- Reorganized office systems by employing novel data management and filing directives.
- Decreased paper wastage by 30% by introducing a “scan and save” method for filing old receipts.
- Revamped the call screening process by implementing an auto-responder script at the company helpline.
- Prepared and presented a large-scale marketing presentation through which the company was awarded a $10m project.
- Reduced electricity costs by 5000 per year by suggesting the use of alternative energy sources and solar panels.
- Converted 100+ walk-in customers to clients by engaging them in conversation and giving them precise information.
- Reigned in rollercoaster project coined Project Hurricane by incorporating direct research and trend information.
- Introduced a diary system that automatically alerted each executive of impending work schedules and appointments.
- Initiated a central appointment system that took information from online forms filled out by clients and allotted them a dynamic appointment number.
- Increased office correspondence efficiency by 60% by creating letter formats to be used as a basis of correspondence for all types of situations.