An individual aspiring to work as a personal assistant does not necessarily need to have experience. At the entry-level, knowledge and skills are all that is required.
However, you have to write a resume that shows your personal assistant skills and interest in the work. And for that, you need to make a special effort.
How to Write an Entry Level Personal Assistant Resume With No Experience?
In an entry-level resume for a personal assistant position, you must highlight your communication and organizational skills, as well as resourcefulness. This can be written in the skills and competencies section.
Since you do not have a lot of experience in hand, you have to make sure that your resume says other things. For instance, your resume should focus on an internship or volunteer experience, computer skills, and your ability to learn quickly and efficiently.
The following is a sample resume for a personal assistant with no experience in hand:
Sample Resume for Entry Level Personal Assistant With No Experience
36 Beach Road, Pasco, WA49065
Administrative Support | Customer Service | Communication
Enthusiastic, resourceful, and organized individual, with extensive interest in providing administrative and clerical support. Skilled in acting as the first point of contact. Knowledge of standard office operations. Able to learn new tasks quickly. Bilingual: English.Spanish.
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Pasco, WA – 2020
• Headed the school literary club for 2 years, owing to exceptional contribution to the club.
• Represented the school at the Annual Literary Festival, held in Seattle, WA.
• Consistently remained on top of the class, owing to exceptional academic excellence.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Diary Management • Appointments Scheduling
• Events Organization • Database Management
• Filing/Record-keeping • Travel Arrangements
• Telephone Answering • Correspondence Handling
• MS Word and Excel
• Database Management
• Internet, Email and Social Media
Jacks Housing, Pasco, WA
June 2020 – July 2020
• Managed the office PABX in order to receive and transfer calls.
• Filed and indexed records.
• Maintained office systems, such as data management and filing.
• Received and distributed mail.
• Greeted visitors and assisted them with their queries.
• Made travel and accommodation arrangements for executives.
• Responded to incoming emails.
• Organized meetings and recorded minutes.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Awarded 1st prize in a drawing competition, marking 100 years of the Eiffel Tower.
• Honored for providing unrelenting support to a local old people’s home.
• Actively involved in the school baseball and softball clubs.
• Represented a team of volunteers to provide assistance at LEAD USA through 2 summers.