Many paraprofessionals find it challenging to build an impressive resume.
The task is not difficult if you write your resume systematically.
How to Write a Paraprofessional Resume?
Mention only relevant skills and qualifications in a paraprofessional resume.
Take credit for your accomplishments
Never undermine the importance of your achievements.
These are important because prospective employers gauge your potential through your past accomplishments.
Highlight your accomplishments at the very beginning of the experience section.
Include keywords and phrases
Using some field-specific keywords and phrases instantly communicate your expertise. Keywords will also help if a computer program or ATS is scrutinizing your resume.
Paraprofessional Resume Sample
450 Davis Lane, Bedford, OH 76436
❖❖ PARAPROFESSIONAL ❖❖
Diligent and result-oriented paraprofessional with 11+ years of hands-on experience in imparting lessons to children of different socioeconomic backgrounds. Well versed in devising and implementing learning interventions among small groups and independent students.
• Computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Internet, Email
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Substantial knowledge of the ‘No child left behind’ act
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Group Interventions
• Administrative Assistance
• Behavioral Interventions
• Secretarial Tasks
|• One-to-One Tutoring
• Corrective Programs
• Child Assessment
• Progress Charting
|• Small Group Mentoring
• Rapport Building
• Educational Collaboration
• Notebook Checking
LIGHTHOUSE ACADEMICS, Bedford, OH | 2012 – Present
• Enhance the children’s reading skills through one-on-one tutoring, raising the pronunciation accuracy level by 80% in children
• Design and successfully implement a corrective program for a small group of students with behavioral issues
• Facilitate the lead teacher during lunchtime duties
• Build strong rapport with the student, teachers, and staff
• Collaborate with parents and teachers to maximize learning and achieve short term and long term learning goals
EDUCATION ALTERNATIVES, Bedford, OH | 2007 – 2012
• Identified a student with Dyslexia and implemented required interventions to facilitate the learning process
• Set goals for the assigned students an achieved the same systematically
• Provided small group intervention services in reading and math successfully
• Carried out other duties assigned by the certified teacher
A.S. Early Childhood Education
Ohio Technical College, Bedford, OH – 2007