Paraprofessionals are also known as educational assistants, teacher aides, instructional assistants, or paraeducators. Usually, they work in schools to assist certified teachers.
They work closely with students, – individually or in groups, with assignments by utilizing particular teaching strategies and knowledge. Also, they manage classroom activities or tests for students.
A paraprofessional cover letter is your professional introduction that accompanies your job application or resume. It personalizes and presents your relevant skills and qualifications and is written to get a paraprofessional interview.
The following tips will help you create an effective cover letter:
- Read the job description carefully, then showcase your relevant experience in a manner that is meaningful to the recruiter.
- Show some knowledge about the hiring institute to convey that you are serious about the job and have gathered some information about them.
- Personalize your skills; use your cover letter to help employers relate your skills to their requirements.
- Divide your cover letter into meaningful paragraphs and keep it short and easy to read.
- Sign out confidently by asking for an interview date and time.
Related: Paraprofessional Resume
The following 3 sample paraprofessional cover letters will provide you with the opportunity to make a great cover letter.
Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample 1
(Experience 10+ Years)
February 4, 2023
Ms. Rose K. Anderson, Principal
Boston Public Schools
24 New Wales Street
Boston, MA 52147
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am eager to pursue my career at Boston Public Schools in the role of a Paraprofessional. I have 10+ years of combined experience with young children,
After my student teaching experience last year, I obtained a teacher aide position at Rapides Parish School District, where my skills were polished further. I love working with individual and small groups of children to reinforce new skills initially introduced by the teacher.
As you can see in my resume, I am well-versed in:
- Assisting the lead teacher with instruction and supervision of children in classroom activities, particularly those children identified as having a moderate to severe disability.
- Creating and completing classroom documents.
- Assisting children in classroom transition times, mealtimes, and toileting.
- Maintaining open conversations with parents by scheduling and conducting parent and teacher conferences and home visits.
- Interacting with various young children from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
As a tolerant and reliable paraprofessional, I would like to discuss my qualifications and teaching assistance skills in detail. I can be best reached during afternoons at (000) 989-7676. Also, I will call you next week to follow up.
Thank you for your consideration of me for the Paraprofessional position at Boston Public Schools. I look forward to hearing more about the job and your school.
Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample 2
(Experience 5+ Years)
February 4, 2023
Mr. Ian Reeves
Human Resources Manager
564 Leaf Road
Powder Springs, GA30128
Dear Mr. Reeves:
As an experienced paraprofessional, with over 4 years of track record of success, I am sure that I can significantly contribute to [Company Name]. Owing to the fact that the breadth of my experience is exceptionally wide, I will surely be an immediate and solid contribution to your team.
I offer skills in assisting students with special needs in achieving academic success, providing behavior support, social integration, and personal care, and working with students who may be disruptive in class. I am exceptionally talented when it comes to tracking students’ progress and creating reports to highlight their strengths and limitations. Apart from this, you will find me to be exceptionally well-versed in monitoring classrooms, and minimizing distractions and disruptions.
During the time that I have spent working as a paraprofessional, I have been challenged with many situations, which required immediate intervention, along with a highly analytic ability. Nurturing students, and acting as a positive source of influence on them is something that I am highly capable of, as you will discover soon after I am hired at Achievement First.
I will be in touch with you after a few days to arrange a meeting date and time. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Paraprofessional Cover Letter Sample 3
(Experience 2+ Years)
tina .walker @ email .com
February 4, 2023
Little Buds High School
821 South East Square
Dear Mr. Wesley:
As a passionate teaching assistant, I am excited to apply for the paraprofessional position at Little Buds High School. My profile is a great fit for the job description provided by you for this role.
Here is a list of my skills and competencies:
- Track record of identifying learning disabilities and developing strategies effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of various age-specific cognitive and behavioral milestones.
- Proven skills in rapport building, assessment, and strategy development.
- Strong communication skills; capable of collaborating with parents, teachers, and learners.
- Sociable personality with a profound ability to implement productive strategies for the facilitation of special needs students.
Having worked with special needs learners in mainstream settings for more than 2 years now, I have learned to see each case as a jigsaw puzzle. I am excited to meet new learners and find out ways to facilitate them in achieving their full potential.
I am confident that with my skill set if hired I will be able to make a difference immediately in young learner’s life, therefore, contributing productively to the success of your institute. Feel free to contact me at (000) 025-7412 for scheduling an interview meeting. I will be available at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Related: Paraprofessional Cover Letter No Experience