Paraprofessionals work under the supervision of the lead teacher.
They assist with classroom management, individual and group student teaching, behavioral organization, and a range of administrative and clerical tasks.
Writing a resume for a paraprofessional position does not necessarily mean that you follow the exact rules you hear through a gossip.
It does not need to be restricted to a single page or follow a particular resume template or format.
In fact, your paraprofessional resume must be a unique marketing tool describing your qualifications, skills, and experiences.
In place of a bunch of rules and tips, we are going to provide you with an excellent sample to guide you regarding the most basic principles of writing a highly effective resume for a Paraprofessional job.
Also, see this Paraprofessional Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Paraprofessional Resume Sample
Highly ambitious and driven Paraprofessional with 5+ years’ extensive experience working with students from different backgrounds. Exceptional talent for handling students with learning assistance and physical needs. Proven record of maintaining the privacy of students, staff, and school record. An advanced capability of teaching core subjects such as Mathematics, English, Social Studies, and Science at High School Level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of managing instructional equipment
- Well-versed in performing all secretarial tasks
- Ability to work under pressure speedily and professionally
- Strong logical skills and attention to detail
- Quick learner with the aptitude to work with least or no supervision
Community High School – Downers Grove, IL | 2015 – Present
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students, teachers, faculty members, and other district employees
- Assist in the accomplishment of the primary set of courses by providing individual and group training to students
- Support lead teacher in controlling students’ behavioral and emotional actions
- Guide students in independent study and corrective programs as designed by the teacher
- Perform a variety of typing and clerical activities
St Louis Public School – Downers Grove, IL | 2013 – 2015
- Maintained records of students’ educational and behavioral development as assigned by the teacher
- Assisted the educator with non-instructional projects and duties
- Helped the lead teacher in implementing the discipline of the classroom
- Assisted teacher in classroom activities
- Gathered and displayed information notice board
Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
Rochester College of Education – Rochester, MN
- Latest Classroom Technologies
- Unique education methods and measures for instructing students
- Laws, codes, standards, about school or district, and student behaviors
- Instructive procedures, classroom organization, and testing
Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Quickbooks