Paraprofessionals work under the supervision of a lead teacher. They provide assistance in classroom management, individual and group student teaching, behavioral organization and a range of administrative and clerical tasks.
Writing a resume for paraprofessional position does not essentially mean that you follow the exact rules you hear through a gossip. It does not need be specific to a single page or follow a particular resume template or format. In fact, your resume must be a unique marketing tool describing your qualifications, skills and experiences.
In place of a bunch of rules and tips, we are going to provide you with an excellent sample so as to guide you regarding the most basic principles of writing a highly effective resume for Paraprofessional job. Also see this Paraprofessional Cover Letter in order to make a perfect job application.
Paraprofessional Resume Sample
|SARA SMITH||☎ (000) 101-9021
✉ sara @ emaiI.com
|52 Example Street
Rochester, MN 98777
Highly ambitious and driven Paraprofessional with 5 years’ extensive experience working with students from different backgrounds. Special talent for handling students with learning assistance and physical needs. Proven record of maintaining privacy of students, staff and school record. Advance capability of teaching core subjects such as Mathematics, English, Social Studies and Science at High School Level.
• Comprehensive knowledge of managing instructional equipment
• Well-versed in performing all secretarial tasks
• Ability to work under pressure speedily and professionally
• Strong logical skills and attention to detail
• Quick learner with aptitude to work with least or no supervision
• Adept at using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Quickbooks
Community High School, District 99 – Downers Grove, IL | 08/2014 – Present
• Establish and maintain working relationships with students, teachers, faculty members, and other district employees
• Assist in accomplishment of primary set of courses by providing individual and group training to students
• Support lead teacher in controlling students’ behavioral and emotional actions
• Provide guidance to students in independent study and corrective programs as designed by teacher
• Perform a variety of typing and clerical activities
St Louis Public School – Downers Grove, IL | 03/2013 – 08/2014
• Maintained records of students’ educational and behavioral development as assigned by teacher
• Assisted educator with non-instructional projects and duties
• Helped teacher in implementing discipline of classroom
• Assisted teacher in classroom activities; gathered and displayed information notice board
Rochester College of Education – Rochester, MN
Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education – 2009
• Latest Technologies
• Special education methods and measures for instructing students
• Laws, codes, standards, pertaining to school or district, and student behaviors
• Instructive procedures, classroom organization and testing