How to Write a UNDP CV or Resume?
When making a CV or Resume for any position at UNDP, remember the following points:
- Consider the position specific to the division or facility and what they are seeking in an applicant.
- Include appropriate information by using the UNDP position description as a guide.
- Add details of your employment history, duties, or skills that are closely related to the position in question.
- Use bullets and bold sections to make your resume easy to skim and read.
- Keep away from the excessive repetition of the same information.
The following template will provide candidates with a recommended format for linking their skills, experience, and competencies to their preferred position at UNDP.
UNDP CV Format
Your Full Address
Contact # and Email (if available)
Write the title of the position to which you are submitting your application.
CORE COMPETENCIES / COMPETENCY SUMMARY
Take a thorough look at the competencies contained in the position advertisement or description. In order to address every skill appropriate to the job to which you are applying, give an instance from your previous experience along with a key result achieved. Mention how you were able to attain that result fruitfully.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY / SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
To create this section, you should refer to the necessary knowledge and experience specified in the UNDP job advertisement. Briefly write relevant points of your professional experience, which relate to the requirements of the position.
EDUCATION / ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Give the details of your Education.
Mention any certifications which are related to the job in UNDP.
Highlight your job-related skills and capabilities which would be beneficial for the organization.
In this last section of the UNDP CV, take in any appropriate general information which you believe supports your application, such as particular training, real-life experience, or knowledge.
Related: UN Resume and CV Sample