Gone are the days of conventional and long resumes that told stories about the candidates.
That is to say, concise, crisp, and relevant resumes are need of the hour.
How to Write a One On One Teaching Assistant Resume?
If you are an aspiring candidate for a one-on-one teaching assistant job, you will find the resume writing tips given below really helpful.
Support your claims with examples
Merely stating that you possess a list of skills is not enough.
Support your claims of expertise with relevant, valuable, and quantified professional achievements and accomplishments.
Keep it Simple
Keeping the format and layout simple helps in highlighting the relevant competencies more.
Select an easy to read layout and go for an objective resume format that highlights your main strengths in the form of tables and bullet points.
Below is a one on one teaching assistant resume sample for further guidance.
One On One Teaching Assistant Resume Sample
437 Redford Ave, Denver, CO 45211
jason @ email . com
ONE-ON-ONE TEACHING ASSISTANT
Highly diligent and detail-oriented educationalist, with strong teaching, listening, and speaking skills. Proficient in one on one tutoring, specific skill development, and student progress charting. A sound reputation of assisting teachers in classroom management and consistently enhancing student’s grades along with commendable ability to enhance learning retention among students utilizing contemporary teaching strategies. Extensive knowledge of age-specific cognitive developmental milestones. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Developed ample reading and writing skills in an 8-year-old student with multiple learning disorders during six months
• Devised and implemented a thorough curriculum for the development of phonics at the elementary level
• Earned the best one on one tutor title in 2013
|– Instructional Coordination
– Lesson Preparation
– Bulletin Board Display
– Assignment Marking
– Skill Development
– One on one Tutoring
|– Guided Reading
– Homework Assistance
– Behavior Management
– Progress Monitoring
– Classroom Assistance
– Special Needs Support
One on One Teaching Assistant
City School, Denver, CO (4/2012-Present)
• Assist the teacher in lesson planning and implementation
• Provide one on one tutoring to individual students or small group of students
• Communicate home assignment details to the students and assist them in completing the same
ABC Institute, Denver, CO (5/2010-3/2012)
• Assisted in the academic evaluation of students
• Coordinated with the lead teacher and psychological consultant regarding student progress
• Prepared and organized teaching material and resources based on the lesson plan before the lesson
Bachelor of Science in Education – 2010
PRIME INSTITUTE, Denver, CO
Major: Early Childhood Education
• MS Office Applications
• Multimedia devises Management
• Internet, Email and Social Media interaction
• AMERICAN TEACHER’S SOCIETY, ATS, Denver, CO
• INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR K-12 EDUCATORS, ISKE, Denver, CO