Gone are the days of conventional and long resumes that told stories about the candidates. Succinct, crisp and relevant resumes are need of the hour. If your are an aspiring candidate for a one-on-one teaching assistant job, you will find the resume writing tips given below really helpful.
Support your claims with examples: Merely stating that you possess a list of skills is not enough. Support your claims of expertise with relevant, valuable and quantified professional achievements and accomplishments.
Simple Format: Keeping the format and layout simple helps in highlighting the relevant competencies more. Select an easy to read layout and go for an objective resume format that highlights your main strengths in form of tables and bullet points.
Below is a one on one teaching assistant resume sample for further guidance.
437 Redford Ave • Denver, CO 45211 • (003) 555-4444 • jason @ email . com
ONE-ON-ONE TEACHING ASSISTANT
Highly industrious, perceptive and detail oriented educational paraprofessional with strong facilitating, teaching, listening and speaking skills to cater for diverse populations. Proficient in one on one tutoring, specific skill development and student progress charting. Sound reputation of assisting teachers in classroom management and consistently enhancing student’s grades along with commendable ability to enhance learning retention among students utilizing contemporary teaching strategies. Extensive knowledge regarding age specific cognitive developmental milestones. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|■ Instructional Coordination||■ Guided Reading||■ Behavior Management|
|■ Lesson Preparation||■ Skill Development||■ Progress Monitoring|
|■ Bulletin Board Display||■ One on one Tutoring||■ Classroom Assistance|
|■ Assignment Marking||■ Homework Assistance||■ Special Needs Support|
• Developed ample reading and writing skills in an 8 year old student with multiple learning disorders during 6 months
• Devised and implemented a thorough curriculum for development of phonics at the elementary level
• Earned the best one on one tutor title in 2013
CITY SCHOOL, Denver, CO
One on One Teaching Assistant, 4/2012 to Present
• Assist the teacher in lesson planning and implementation
• Provide one on one tutoring to individual students or small group of students
• Communicate home assignment details to the students and assist them in completing the same
ABC Institute, Denver, CO
Teacher’s Aide, 5/2010 to 3/2012
• Assisted in academic evaluation of students
• Coordinated with the lead teacher and psychological consultant regarding student progress
• Prepared and organized teaching material and resources based on lesson plan prior to the lesson
PRIME INSTITUTE, Denver, CO
Bachelor of Science in Education, 2010
Major: Early Childhood Education
• MS Office Applications
• Multimedia devices Management
• Internet, Email and Social Media interaction
• AMRICAN TEACHER’S SOCIENTY, ATS, Denver, CO
• INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR K-12 EDUCATORS, ISKE, Denver, CO