Seeking to land the perfect teaching job? Start by revamping your existing resume. Here are some effective resume writing tips:
- Start your resume with a summary statement.
- Mention your competencies in the skills section priority-wise.
- Tailor your resume for each vacancy you apply for.
- Organize your skills and competencies in a manner that is meaningful for the specific institution you are applying to.
- Most schools and colleges use ATS (Application Tracking Systems) for shortlisting. So make sure your resume is in an ATS-friendly format.
Here is a sample physics teacher resume for your further guidance in this regard.
Sample Resume for Physics Teacher Position
633 South River Lane
San Diego CA 88888
florence. tudor @ email . com
Seasoned and dedicated physics teacher bringing 7 years of hands-on experience in teaching at various levels. Expert in classroom management, lesson planning, and curriculum implementation, and generating and implementing versatile lesson plans to help slow learners while catering to diverse learning styles. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Well-versed in helping kids prepare for state exams.
• Apt at devising effective and individualized lesson plans.
• Proficient in designing and administering exams and grading the same.
• Adept at guiding the students regarding the conduction of practical experiments in the laboratory.
• Trained in counseling students with behavioral issues.
College of Sciences, San Diego CA
Aug 2019- Jan 2023
• Produced 99% results for the last 2 consecutive years at the state level.
• Designed a physics Laboratory apparatus inventory that helped in streamlining the procurement of equipment and lab organization.
• Taught 4 classes of physics and 1 class of general science, planned their lessons and implemented the curriculum effectively.
• Developed and implemented individualized lesson plans for underperformers after taking administration and their parents on board.
• Conducted online classes via zoom and MS teams during the period of COVID-19.
San Diego City College, San Diego CA
Jan 2016- Jul 2019
• Revamped the physics curriculum and inculcated practical lab lessons in the same.
• Improved average AP exam scores by 10% by introducing a short weekend class on premises for the strugglers.
• Regularly reviewed the lesson plans to align them with the structured goals assigned.
• Graded weekly assignments and provided actionable feedback to students to improve overall performance.
• Performed additional duties as a baseball coach.
MS Degree in Applied Physics
University of San Diego, San Diegpo, CA
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
Teaching certification from the California Commission of teaching credentialing CTC
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS