The importance of good cover letters is often undermined. It is however a fact that adding a cover letter to your job application serves as an additional chance for your application to be shortlisted.
Prospective employers receive several resumes against a single job opening. While shortlisting they spend less than a minute per resume. If you send a cover letter along with your resume, the time your profile gets will be doubled.
The following tips will help you in writing a professional cover letter for the physics teacher position:
- Choose a simple format and font.
- Find out the name of the recruiter who has the authority to hire you and address the letter directly to them.
- Start your cover letter by stating how you found out about the opening followed by a quick introduction of your profile.
- Keep the employer’s needs in mind while writing the letter.
- End your letter in a confident tone and request an interview date and time.
Sample Cover Letter for Physics Teacher Position
76 North West Horizon
jacob .collin @ email . com
January 22, 2023
Head of Physics Department
Dear Mr. Thomas:
I set myself to the task of writing this letter immediately after seeing your job vacancy for a physics teacher at Glendale College. Going through your job requirements I strongly felt that my profile offers the same skills you require and I can contribute substantially to the overall academic and curricular growth of the pupils.
Here are some highlights of my qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in teaching Physics at various levels and I have an MS degree while my Ph.D. is in progress.
- Conducted the additional duty of the lab in charge for the past 3 years.
- Experienced in developing the curriculum of Physics at the Associate and BS level.
- Track record of designing and implementing diverse and individualized lesson plans.
- Able to maintain physics lab and inventory while adhering to all prescribed laboratory apparatus handling protocols.
I have been teaching 4 classes of physics at my last workplace and I can proudly say that I produced the highest results at the state level. In addition to being an expert in identifying and catering to student’s individual academic needs, I am also well-versed in student counseling and mentoring.
Owing to my sociable personality, I am fully capable of communicating productively with the children’s parents as needed. I am confident that if hired you will find my class management skills, lesson planning, paper setting, and grading techniques to be very productive and professional.
I am eager to discuss the prospect further. Meanwhile, my resume is enclosed for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Related: Physics Teacher Resume Sample