A piano teacher’s resume must hold solid information of his or her ability to teach piano or keyboards to students.
Apart from previous experience, it is important to highlight one’s knowledge of the work in terms of teaching music theory and helping with practice.
If you have a degree in music, you must also put it on your resume.
Basically, any information which will sell you as a possible candidate for a piano teacher position must be placed on your resume.
Here is a resume sample for a piano teacher that you can refer to:
See also: Piano Teacher Cover Letter
Piano Teacher Resume Sample
45 Striped Street, Memphis, TN70903
Piano teacher with 8+ years of teaching experience. Demonstrated ability to teach individual and group lessons, to children and adults. Unmatched ability to plan lessons in accordance with individual students’ goals and interests.
• Singlehandedly developed and implemented the facility’s key curriculum for all music classes
• Implemented a series of mentoring techniques, increasing students’ interest in the work
• Arranged 15 music recitals, all of them receiving high accolades from the audience
• Introduced 3 new music-related classes, thereby, increased student base by 65%
• Lesson Planning
• Curriculum Development
• Resource Collection
• Music Theory
• Practical Techniques
• Student Motivation
• Progress Monitoring
• Recitals Management
Music Works, Memphis, TN | 2013-present
• Create and implement curriculum for teaching piano and keyboards
• Develop piano lesson plans in accordance with the specific requirements of each student
• Teach piano theory, along with music theory on the whole
• Explain and demonstrate piano performances
• Assist students in determining classic and contemporary tunes on the piano
• Prepare students for events such as performances and recitals
• Deliver lectures on effective piano techniques, interpretation of literature, and music fundamentals and history
• Direct rehearsals for performance groups
• Initiate and facilitate classroom discussions
• Advise students on piano academics, and encourage them constantly
• Assist students in determining their choice of play for recitals and concerts
Tutors Inc., Memphis, TN | 2008-2013
• Taught individual students music theory
• Assisted students in determining tunes on pianos and keyboards
• Imparted music education to individual students based on their specific interests
• Supported students’ progress by constant mentoring
• Tested students on their knowledge of piano techniques
Master’s Degree in Music
Tennessee State University, Memphis, TN – 2002