Like all other lead teachers, history teachers develop curriculum in their subject area and implement it in a manner befitting the students. History teachers are required to be knowledgeable of the subject and depending on which area they are focusing on; they need to possess advanced knowledge of it!
History teachers deliver lectures on a variety of topics of history including postwar civilizations and ancient history as well. The following is a resume example for someone looking for a history teacher position.
See also: History Teacher Cover Letter Sample
390 Stevens Street, Madison, WI 73633
Julia @ email . com
❖❖ HISTORY TEACHER ❖❖
Uniquely qualified History Teacher with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in the teaching arena. Current Wisconsin state teacher’s certificate in history and social sciences. Highly Skilled in developing historically based lesson plans and implementing them in an environment conducive to learning, and instituting clear objectives for all assignments and units. Ability to design effective learning programs apart from regular study.
• Demonstrated ability to impart instruction
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Profound knowledge of American History and International Relations
• Exceptional time management skills
• Formulated the core history curriculum for grades 8, 9 and 10 being used as the basic educational course since 2010
• Conducted historical presentations in the form of drama in order to instill dates of important events in the minds of the students
Madison High School, Madison, WI 2010 – Present
• Devise, develop and implement curriculum based on historical events and their impact
• Deliver lectures on the core topics of history including history of the third world countries, ancient history, post-war history, and civilization settlements.
• Initiate and facilitate classroom discussions in order to develop student interest
• Obtain material from different sources and derive information for classroom instruction
• Grade assignments and papers
• Ensure classroom behavior and manage attendance
Madison High School, Madison, WI 2009 – 2010
Teacher’s Aide – History
• Researched information for the lead teacher in order to plan lessons
• Assisted in curriculum development and implementation
• Helped in the class instruction activities
• Managed student records and take attendance when required
• Administered history material for students
• Supported students with class work and assignments as instructed
Wisconsin State University, Madison, WI
Master’s Degree, Social Sciences
York College of Pennsylvania, York, PN
Bachelor of Arts – History