Hiring managers scan at least a hundred resumes during a candidate finding campaign. Can you imagine the stress that they go through and the strain that is put on their nerves during this search process? It is unimaginable. Finding the right candidate to fit a history teacher job description is no child’s play. Why not make it easier for them to pick out the right ones? Yes, as a history teaching candidate, you can do this by simply providing an objective on your resume that will knock the socks off the hiring manager!
A lot depends on history teacher resume objectives simply because they get read first. Remember the cliché the first impression is the last impression? That cannot be truer in this case. Objectives create the very important first impression that can either get us to the top or bring our hopes crashing down. The anatomy of a resume objective is simple:
Experience + skills + qualifications = sizeable addition to the company
When can you use an objective statement on your resume? When you have little or nothing to add to an executive summary / professional profile. In an objective statement, you need to be:
• Crystal clear about your career direction
• Position yourself as someone who is capable of doing exactly as the employer wants
• Tailored to fit the job description of the position in question
Do you have all these covered? Good! Let us give you some examples of resume objectives for a history teacher position:
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) teaching professional looking for a position as a History Teacher at Vance Country Schools. Deep insight into meeting out class instruction that builds on local, state, national and global history concepts.
• Seeking a History Teacher position with East Hollywood High School. Employing expertise in creating, designing and implementing core history curriculum for high school students.
• Desire a History Teacher position at KIPP New Jersey. Offers a unique ability to separate historical facts from fallacies and incorporating them in well-designed history lessons.
• To obtain employment as a History Teacher at Perspective Charter School by employing demonstrated expertise in formulating history curriculum and correlating lesson plans to suit the individual needs of students.
• To work as a History Teacher for Roger Bacon Academy. Enthusiastic to impart knowledge using instructional resources to teach students about important figures and historical dates and events that have shaped the world.
• Looking for a History Teacher position at RePublic Schools. Well-versed in using modern tools to assist students in understanding historical concepts and motivation behind historical events.