Many candidates assume that the task of an effective ESL Teacher’s resume writing is very complicated. Honestly speaking, the process is somewhat tricky, and one needs proper guidance to build an interview-winning resume.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for ESL Teacher Position?
- Employers have half a minute to read your resume; facilitate them by choosing an easy-to-read format.
- Focus on the employer’s current needs and expectations.
- Success stories always sell; add some of your quantified achievements.
ESL Teacher Resume Sample 1
560 Heathery Lane
Seattle, WA 34001
grace @ email . com
❖❖ ESL TEACHER ❖❖
Energetic and goal-focused educationalist with a solid track record in English Language Teaching. Consistently improved the standards through effective implementation of modern research-based methods. Effective skills in 21st-century technology classroom integration. Expert in the beneficial instruction of the four language skills RWSL.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Classroom management
– Lesson planning
– Student coaching
– Language development
– Imparting lessons
– Creative writing
– Activity planning
– MS Office
– Public speaking
– Notebook Checking
– Attendance record
– Progress Reporting
- Elevated the language proficiency levels by 65% in the secondary learner’s class through leverage of modern, research-based teaching techniques.
- Issued the first edition of English magazine featuring the written contributions of second language learners with a collaboration of second language learners and other ESL faculty.
- Identified a case of the speech disorder and recommended timely speech therapy.
INSTITUTE OF LINGUISTIC STUDIES, Seattle, WA
7/2010 to Present
• Develop effective lesson plans for ESL classrooms
• Incorporate technology into daily lessons
• Help students with questions and queries
• Initiate supportive learning activities for ESL students that aim at advancing their newly acquired L2 skills
• Provide a high-quality learning program
• Perform the necessary administrative work
• Prepare materials and resources including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes
ADVANCE COLLEGE, Seattle, WA
ESL Instructional Assistant | 3/2006 to 6/ 2010
• Assisted the ESL teacher in lesson planning and implementation
• Charted each student’s progress periodically by maintaining portfolios
• Facilitated the teaching process by ensuring the availability of AV aids and communication of task and assignment instructions
IBM INSTITUTE OF LINGUISTICS, Seattle, WA | 2006
Masters of Arts in English
American Association of ESL
International Institute for teacher’s training
An active member of the American ESL society
ESL Teacher Resume Example 2
120 E 87th Street, New York, NY 10128
(999) 910-9009, Email
Seeking a position as an ESL Teacher at the McEvans High School. Offering extensive knowledge of the English Language and the ability to interact with children of diverse backgrounds.
• 3+ years’ experience as an ESL and English Language Teacher
• ESL Certified
• Demonstrated ability to work with the students in the International Student Programs
• Highly skilled in creating an environment suitable to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students
• Able to provide social and emotional support for English Language Learners
• Bilingual – Fluent in English and Mandarin
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Short story writing
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
TESOL Training Center, New York, NY
Jul 2014 – Sep 2020
• Taught English as a Second Language to multilingual classes of 6-15 students.
• Improved the spoken and written English of more than 300 students.
• Reduced the failure ratio by 40% within 2 years.
• Resolved communication issues between native Spanish users and native English speakers within a student community at St Patrick’s High School in Fall 2000.
• Liaised effectively among students, families, and staff.
• Tailor lessons according to student needs.
• Conduct activities that target confidence, perception, vocabulary building, pronunciation practice, and grammar.
Bachelor of Arts with Distinction in Educational Policy
University of Massachusetts Amherst, New York, NY
New York State Teacher Certification
AWARDS / ASSOCIATIONS
• UMass Amherst Scholastic Publication Award – 1997
• Active Member of the American Anthropological Association
• Contributed various articles in term publications
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinker with considerable attention to detail
• Able to maintain emotional control under stressful situations