A barista cover letter is a 1-page document that should be sent along with your resume and job application documents. In case you are applying online, you have to paste your cover letter in the body of the email.
Writing a great cover letter is an important step in your job search journey. A unique and tailored cover letter will help you get the job. That is to say, every cover letter for barista position should be individually written as per the requirements of the employer.
Given these points, the following are two fully customizable cover letter examples for a Barista Resume to guide you further.
Cover Letter for Barista
(10+ Years’ Experience)
78 Hershey’s Ave, Dayton, OH 78332
August 24, 2020
Mr. Denver Fielder
Manager (Human Resources)
99 Farris Lane
Dayton, OH 78332
Dear Mr. Fielder:
I am interested in speaking with you regarding the Barista position at Starbucks. My coffee-making expertise, coupled with customer service skills and aesthetic sense makes me an ideal contender.
As can be seen in the attached resume, I offer 10+ years’ hands-on experience in brewing coffee, making beverages, and serving food while maintaining polite demeanor during busy hours. As Barista at AA Cafe Dayton, I worked with integrity and honesty, which resulted in a 30% increase in client base. I am eager to bring the same energy and potential at Starbucks.
My following qualifications will help me meet and exceed your expectations:
- Special talent for customized coffee cupping, hand-brewed coffee, espresso, froth cappuccino, and latte art
- Ability to timely and accurately anticipate guests’ needs to provide them with coffee, food, and beverages.
- Very competent at handling cash and ensuring the safety and security of the cafe.
- A team player who works collaboratively to attain the maximum level of customer satisfaction.
I feel confident that the Barista position will allow me to make the most of my talents to add value to Starbucks, and would like to discuss your needs in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Barista Cover Letter Example 2
(5+ Years’ Experience)
August 24, 2020
Mr. Henry Gotham
12 7th Main
Medina, NY 19200
Dear Mr. Gotham:
This letter and the attached resume is a strong expression of interest in the Barista position at ABC Coffee. The last five years that I have spent working as a Barista have translated into a great learning experience for me. Utilizing my insight and potential as a barista, I will be able to contribute significantly.
I am not only proficient in creating popular coffee blends but have also received exposure to handling food orders. Over the years that I have worked at busy coffee shops, I learned much about concocting new flavors of lattes, a feat that was a hit amongst patrons.
Perhaps my most significant achievement was my exceptional communication skills and friendly demeanor, which increased 5-star reviews by 80% within 3 months of my employment
In order to provide the same (even higher) results to ABC Coffee, I would like to become a member of your team. I will contact you after a few days for a possible prescreening. Meanwhile, please feel free to call me at (000) 854-5421.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
How to write a good cover letter for Barista Position?
Now that we have already seen two cover letter samples, let’s view some tips to make an excellent barista cover letter.
- First of all, tailor your cover letter as per the requirements of the employer. Read the barista job description to tailor your cover letter accordingly.
- Tell the recruiter what you can do for them, instead of what you are expecting to gain.
- Add some of your core qualifications and achievements.
- Do not write your educational history in your letter.