Teacher resume format hasn’t just changed recently; instead, it has evolved into a whole new thing during the past few years.
Unlike resumes in the old times, current resumes for teaching position are short, customized and employer focused.
Some features of modern and effective teacher resumes are outlined below for your guidance:
To make an excellent resume, you should make it short and to-the-point. Resumes which are more than two pages in length are usually not read by the recruiters.
A teacher’s resume is a useful marketing tool, therefore, it must be formatted wisely.
Use power verbs, industry-specific keywords to describe one’s profile and supplementing job descriptions with strong action words.
See also: Teacher Cover Letter No Experience
Below are two well-written resumes for a teacher position.
Teacher Resume Sample 1
933 Sunset Ave, Dallas, TX 45822
(003) 222- 1111
Fun and friendly, unique talent for creating a nurturing environment for students.
Dedicated and extremely-knowledgeable K-12 certified teacher. Track record of devising lesson plans and implementing curriculum according to the set guidelines of the school. Excellent knowledge of advanced teaching practices and their implementation. Ability to work with students individually, identify their weak areas and take appropriate actions.
CORE TEACHING PROFICIENCIES
|• Notebook Checking||• Classroom Maintenance||• Subject Coordination|
|• Assignment Follow-up||• Co-Curricular Activities||• Curriculum Development|
|• Lesson Planning||• Behavior Counseling||• Goal Setting|
|• Progress Charting||• Vocational Guidance||• Lesson Implementation|
- Achieved a pass percentage of 100% for four consecutive years.
- Organized the schools’ first alumni reunion event consisting of 215 students who graduated in the previous three years.
- Supervised a summer camp comprised of 13 children while devising and implementing interesting practical learning activities for them.
- Earned the best teacher title thrice.
SCHOOL OF DALLAS, Dallas, TX
Elementary School Teacher June 2013 – Present
- Devise a variety of activities and learning materials to facilitate the implementation of the curriculum.
- Develop interactive, engaging and facilitative lesson plans and implement the same.
- Identify weak areas of students and conduct remedial lessons to cover up the deficiencies.
- Communicate student progress to parents periodically and organize regular parent-teacher meetings.
NEWPORT SCHOOL, Dallas, TX
Teacher’s Assistant August 2011 – May 2013
- Maintained a cognitively stimulating and updated classroom environment.
- Coordinated homework assignments and marked the same.
- Maintained each child’s progress record and portfolio.
- Provided one on one tutoring where necessary.
INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES, Dallas, TX – 2011
MA – Education
Major: Elementary Education
Teacher Training Certificate
BCLS and First Aid
English, French, and Spanish
PC operations, Internet and MS Office suite
American Association of Teachers, Dallas, TX
International Community of K-12 Educators, Dallas, TX
I am familiar with age-specific cognitive milestones.
Teacher Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
9013 Secluded Lane, Rio Grande, NJ 73923
To work as a Teacher for Rio Grande High School utilizing knowledge of curriculum development and implementation along with ensuring that all students are kept at par with their peers where educational development is concerned
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years’ experience working in different teaching capacities
- Highly experienced in developing class ready curriculum
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective instructional techniques
- Hands on experience in promoting general educational and developmental progress of students
- Special talent for identifying clear teaching objectives and figuring out ways to implement them
|• Lesson Planning||• Student Mobilization||• Student Engagement|
|• Knowledge Crafting||• Time Management||• Confidentiality|
- Devise and implement a curriculum based on individual students’ needs
- Develop daily lesson plans
- Provide classroom instructions as the lesson plan dictates
- Assist students in the classroom
- Mark grade copies and exams
- Keep records of students and their development
- Act as a mentor for students
- Assisted lead teacher in the development of curriculum
- Appropriately handled classroom behavior
- Managed student records
- Instructed students regarding classroom norms and discipline
Master of Science in Education
New Jersey State University, Rio Grande, NJ – 2007
• Multimedia Operations
• MS Word and Excel
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Typing Speed: 40 WPM with accuracy
• Excellent communication and instructional acumen
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of curriculum development and implementation
• Able to establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment