The value that you bring to a teaching job is important information for an employer who is looking for a little more than an average candidate.
The only way to communicate this value is through a resume, as this particular document gives you a lot of chances to come across as an exceptional candidate.
The following sample entry level teacher resume can tell you how this can be done:
Sample Resume for a Beginner Teacher Position
20 Teller Street
Salem, NJ 58202
Highly enthusiastic Teacher with extensive comprehension of teaching preschool students to ensure that they meet their individual social, developmental, and educational goals. A pleasant and approachable person who has a proven track record of ensuring the success of a beginners’ program.
• Highly skilled in planning educational programs using assessment as a means of identifying students’ needs.
• Well-versed in providing full coverage of learning areas, in line with the school’s curriculum statements and schemes.
• Deep insight into recording student progress and achievement to provide intervention in weak areas.
• Effectively able to research and use educational resources to assist students in comprehending concepts.
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Curriculum Development • Achievement Assessment
• Resources Management • Activities-based Learning
• Progress Promotion • Special Needs Assistance
• Behavioral Management • Technological Support
• Lesson Planning • Cognitive Development
• In-service Education • Student Involvement
• Introduced the concept of activities-based learning to the school, thereby increasing the interest of students in learning new ideas.
• Successfully taught a special needs class for an entire month in the absence of the lead teacher.
• Implemented a student assessment system which decreased student evaluation problems considerably.
• Built a library of teaching materials for preschoolers, consisting of over 6000 resources.
Chesterbrook Preschool, Salem, NJ
6/2016 – Present
• Create a beginners’ curriculum in accordance with the school’s specifications, aimed at meeting students’ specific learning requirements.
• Planned and implemented lessons according to set curriculum to ensure students’ cognitive, language, social and educational development.
• Oversee students and ensure their safety and wellbeing and monitor them to ensure that they are working according to instructions.
• Assess the development of students to ensure that they meet set milestones and address any developmental concerns to the school management.
• Assist students with their personal needs including toileting and feeding.
• Ascertain that the class environment is safe for students by ensuring that it is properly cleaned and free of hazardous objects.
• Confer with parents to provide them with feedback on their children’s progress and address any concerns.
• Oversee students’ activities in the playground and provide immediate assistance in cases of emergencies.
Merryhill School, Salem, NJ
2/2009 – 6/2016
• Assisted the lead teacher in imparting lessons by ensuring that all students are on par with each other.
• Provided support to individual students in learning concepts according to their own pace.
• Researched and developed specific materials to assist students in learning complex ideas quickly.
• Monitored students in class and at playtime to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
• Created and maintained students’ records and ensured that they were timely updated.
Master’s Degree in Education – 2009
Salem University, Salem, NJ