High school teachers provide support to an institute’s instruction process by serving as a link between students and curriculum.
They are expected to be knowledgeable of the subject(s) they teach and to possess skills in imparting instruction. Teaching is not everyone’s specialty which is why teachers are hired after sharp scrutiny.
High school teachers do not only impart instruction but also considerable part of their work is to act as a mentor to their students to ensure that they are well prepared for the world outside school.
If you want to impress a prospective employer, you will need to be very particular about writing a resume for a High School Teacher position.
Your ability to assess children and devise an appropriate curriculum will go a long way in helping you acquire a teaching position.
Related: High School Teacher Cover Letter
Sample Resume for High School Teacher Position
7772 Lajes Loop, Trenton, NJ 72222
(000) 999-9999, Email
❖❖ High School Teacher ❖❖
Resourceful and self-directed teaching professional with a great interest in fostering high school students’ learning skills and social growth. Strong passion for working in an environment conducive to literacy by employing dedication and motivation. Skilled in designing a high school curriculum targeted at meeting the need of students with varying abilities and backgrounds.
• Expert in using curriculum-based measurement assessment systems
• Highly experienced in designing and implementing effective curriculum units
• Strong background in utilizing collaborative learning and critical reading strategies
• Superior knowledge of implementing student-directed classroom management processes
• Demonstrated ability to provide an outstanding and robust culture of achievement and success for the student population
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS A HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER
• Introduced SMARTboard presentations for multiple subjects.
• Planned and executed a series of educational field trips to the WWF Endangered Species Center for the purpose of expanding knowledge.
• Revamped the student assessment system by introducing and implementing the QRI assessment system.
• Conducted a series of workshops on secondary writing instructions for teachers.
High School Teacher
Founding High School, Trenton, NJ
2013 – Present
• Devise and implement high school curriculum following the school’s protocols.
• Ensure that the curriculum is in sync with individual student’s abilities and varies in content.
• Plan lessons on a daily basis and impart instruction in class.
• Assist students in carrying out class assignments.
• Check and assess assignments and provide feedback.
• Carry out student development activities on a continuous basis.
• Develop and administer specific assessments to judge students’ competency levels.
• Ensure that students’ progress is directed towards objectives and expectations.
• Provide counseling to students based on individual needs.
• Manage student behavior and resolve conflicts.
AA High School, Trenton, NJ
2006 – 2013
• Assisted lead teacher with curriculum development and lesson planning activities.
• Provided a classroom environment conducive to learning and aiding the lead teacher in imparting instruction.
• Ensured appropriate student behavior during instructional periods.
• Assisted students with their assignments.
• Addressed the needs of individual students by assessing them according to school procedures.
• Assisted in grading exam papers and assignments.
• Created and distributed learning materials.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
New Jersey Certificate of Teaching – 2006
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Trenton University, Trenton, NJ – 2005
Related High School Teacher Resume Samples
- Sample High School Biology Teacher Resume
- High School Science Teacher Sample Resume
- History Teacher High School Resume Example
- High School English Teacher Resume Template
- Sample High School Teacher Resume Objectives
- High School Chemistry Teacher Resume Format