In the sales profession, experience counts for a lot.
However, you can apply for a sales assistant position even if you have little or no experience.
Many people are trained on the job for this position. So if you are applying for it, make sure that your resume is spot on.
A sales assistant resume will need to be complete from all angles. That is to say; the content should be short but meaningful.
However, writing an entry level resume for a sales assistant position is not that easy.
Firstly, you have to think about your sales skills. Then, you place them in the right statements.
To see how you can effectively write an entry level sales assistant resume, have a look at the following sample:
Sales Assistant Resume No Experience
87 77th Street SE, Los Angeles, CA54872
Service-oriented sales assistant with a high interest in providing customer services in a sales capacity. Ability to pitch product information to the new and existing customer. Expert in ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
Los Angeles Business School, Los Angeles, CA – 2018
Bachelor of Business Administration
• Led the school team on a trip to Amazon head office, as part of a research project.
• Constantly made it on the Dean’s list, between the years 2015 and 2018.
• Spearheaded a large-scale mock sales event, as a result of which, Harrod’s reached out to offer internship positions to students.
Harrod’s, Los Angeles, CA | 1/2018 – 5/2017
• Welcomed customers as they arrived at the store, and provided them with needed information.
• Assisted customers in finding their choice of products.
• Performed product demonstrations, along with explaining features.
• Led customers through payment procedures.
• Bagged and transported customers’ purchases to their cars.
• Cleaned and stocked shelves.
• Communicated low stock situations to managers.
• Assisted in visual merchandising efforts, such as putting up displays and arranging them.
• Arranged window displays according to instructions.
• Pulled off old pricing from products, and placed new tags.
• Assisted in processing payments.
• Responded to queries from customers.
• Handled refunds and exchanges.
• Handled customer complaints according to the procedure in order to retain business.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• POS Processes||• Sales Pitches||• Customer Satisfaction|
|• Product Recommendation||• Product Demonstration||• Loss Prevention|
|• Visual Merchandising||• Stocking||• Inventory Oversight|
|• Vendor Relations||• Product Promotion||• Complaint Handling|
Excellent professional references available