A medical laboratory assistant resume should possess clear and customized content.
You have to provide information about your skills as well as your experience.
In addition, you must write down what your specific experience as a medical laboratory assistant has been.
When placing information in your resume, make sure that you highlight your key talents, such as an ability to process specimens.
Also, you must pinpoint exactly what accomplishments you have in this capacity. Moreover, the format of your resume should be easy to read.
Here is one to help you:
Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume Sample
854 Mean Lane, San Jose, CA36724
MEDICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT
Highly efficient, resourceful, and competent medical laboratory assistant, with 8+ years of experience. Highly skilled in receiving and logging specimens. Ability to process specimens according to study-specific instructions. Qualified to inventory and prepare specimens for shipment.
|• Specimen Obtainment||• Logging||• Tracking|
|• Labeling||• Specimen Processing||• Storage|
|• Equipment Use||• Preventative Maintenance||• Biohazard Trash Removal|
|• Lab Safety||• Results Management||• Filing|
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance, hence increased equipment life by 50%.
• Trained 12 new lab assistants, particularly in performing specimen preparation activities.
• Implemented a unique filing system, which streamlined the process as a result.
Medical Laboratory Assistant
Memorial Health System, San Jose, CA 2011-present
• Receive specimens and separate and inspect them.
• Identify samples, along with preparing them according to protocol.
• Create medical solutions in order to process specimens.
• Carefully sort blood and tissue samples.
• Create labels for specimens, and place them on sample tubes.
• Oversee lab requisition preparation, especially for outpatients.
• Assist in test processing and providing results.
• Oversee the rotation of stored samples and specimens.
• Maintain order for blood draws that are considered the priority.
• Ensure the integrity of patient samples and collection processes.
• Create and maintain information such as patient demographics and lab results.
• Accurately weigh and measure chemicals required for specimen testing purposes.
Medical Lab Aide
St. Paul’s Health Center, San Jose, CA 2007-2011
• Assisted in collecting blood and urine samples from patients.
• Ensured that all samples were labeled correctly.
• Placed specimens in rotators or chillers to keep them fresh.
• Assisted in performing lab tests and preparing samples
• Documented all processing and collection activities.
• Maintained cleanliness and orderliness of assigned lab areas.
• Performed trash disposal activities, ensuring that biohazardous waste was properly disposed of.
High School Diploma
St. Phillip’s High School, San Jose, CA – 2005
Last updated on