Writing a resume for an entry level sales position is very important for successful job seeking.
Resume creation is a process that is nothing less than an art. Entry level resumes do need even more effort than their “experienced” counterparts.
In an entry-level resume, it is important to emphasize your skills. That is the reason this type of resume may actually take more time to write.
A sales resume with no experience usually begins with an objective statement. However, you can replace the objective with a summary of qualifications.
While experience is not the core of an entry-level resume, but, if you have had any experience such as volunteering or summer jobs, it is important to mention them. If a prospective employer knows that you have worked in a professional setting before, he will give a favorable view of your candidacy.
What does an entry level resume look like? Here is a sample for an entry-level sales associate position:
See also: Entry Level Sales Cover Letter Sample
Entry Level Sales Resume Sample
54 Spencer Loop, Apple Springs, TX 44739
ianthorpe @ email . com
Energetic, client-focused sales professional with a bachelor’s degree in sales and hands-on internship experience. Thorough understanding of sales policies, customer account management, and modern customer service techniques. Well-versed in making meaningful connections with prospective customers in a bid to convert them into actual customers.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Texas Business School, Austin, TX – 2019
Major: Sales and Marketing
• Extensive know-how of inspiring customers to purchase products and creating a lasting, positive impression on them by celebrating the purchase.
• Particularly effective in handling product demonstrations and promotional events and sales.
• Familiar with upselling activities and handling loss prevention duties.
Big 5 Sporting Goods, Apple Springs, TX
Jan 2022 – Apr 2022
• Greeted customers and inquired about their purpose of visit
• Provided customers with information on available products and current promotional offers
• Assisted customers in finding their choice of product and demonstrating product features
• Provided information regarding product pricing and warranty
• Walked customers through payment procedures and packed purchased goods
• Arranged for deliveries to be made to customers’ houses/offices
• Assisted in transporting purchased goods to vehicles
CORE SALES SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Reasoning | Communication
Customer interaction | Suggestive selling
Complaint handling | POS
Merchandising | Sales plans