You may not be experienced in the professional sense, but that does not mean that you are not capable.
When writing a sales clerk resume for the first time, you only have your skills and academic strength to bank on. If you can build up on these effectively, your resume can be a great piece of art, even if it is an entry level one.
Mentioning how well you performed at school, and related skills (to the job for which you are applying) will provide a prospective employer with a lot of information about what you can do for him or her in terms of professional contribution to the company.
Sounding believable at this stage is imperative. Making the hiring manager believe that you may be inexperienced but you are still a contributor will take your resume to great heights.
Here is a sales clerk resume sample for inexperienced job seekers:
Sales Clerk Resume with No Experience
880 Olive Road | Jadwin, MO 64882
kenwhite @ email . com
Highly meticulous and hardworking individual with extensive interest in working in the sales arena. Solid understanding of sales work, with exceptional focus on high quality customer service delivery.
• Proficient in providing customers with information on product features and benefits
• Effectively able to operate cash registers to process cash and credit card payments
• Adept at handling stocking duties, ensuring apt placement of goods, according to marketing principles
• Qualified to handle cross-selling duties in a bid to meet targets established by the company
Core Skills & Knowledge
|✓ Sales Driving||✓ POS Control||✓ Customer Relations|
|✓ Returns Handling||✓ Inventory Control||✓ Merchandizing Support|
|✓ Needs Assessment||✓ Payment Processing||✓ Complaint Handling|
St. Paul’s High School, Jadwin, MO | 2017
High School Diploma
• Achieved Student of the Year award for 3 years in a row, owing to exceptional academic excellence
• Volunteered to provide assistance to geriatric residents of a local residential facility for 6 months
Macy’s, Jadwin, MO | 1/2017 – 5/2017
• Greeted customers as they arrived at the store and directed them to their choice of aisles
• Provided customers with information on products and their features, aiming to encourage them to purchase them
• Assisted customers with payment procedures, ensuring that their purchases were expedited
• Provided support in stocking shelves and cleaning and tidying them up according to protocols
• Ascertained the cleanliness and neatness of assigned areas, according to provided instructions
Strong professional references available.