Home healthcare nurses are an integral part of a home healthcare program. They perform more or less the same duties that they would in a hospital environment, except that they work in patients’ homes. Their presence makes it easy for patients to cope with the rigors of illnesses and medical treatments.
Typically home health nurses make initial evaluations, update the plan of care, counsel patients and supervise unlicensed individuals. They take care of elderly, terminally ill, and disabled patients. They are required to handle each situation according to the individual patient’s diagnosis.
Many home healthcare nurses are being employed to provide dedicated care to people suffering from chronic illnesses brought on by autoimmune diseases. Nurses who are employed in this capacity are required to be knowledgeable about popular chronic illnesses such as Lupus, MS, Graves Disease, and Fibromyalgia.
If you are applying for a home healthcare nurse position, you can use the following resume samples when applying for a job.
Home Health Registered Nurse Resume Sample 1
Experience: 12 Years
DEBRA HOLMES – RN
3011 Debbie Drive
Pelham, NH 25487
debra @ email . com
Registered Nurse – Home Health
“I am a self-starter who uses good judgment in emergencies and difficult situations.“
Driven and compassionate Home Health Registered Nurse with 8+ years of hands-on experience in providing superior care to multicultural patient populations. An extroverted individual that effectively identifies patients’ needs, validates the medical diagnosis, develops patient-specific care plans, and monitors and evaluates outcomes. Demonstrated ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment while remaining focused and adapting to changes with ease. Knowledge of medical terminology. CPR Certified
- Devised and implemented individualized plans of care to cater to the specific needs of the patients
- Achieved success in assisting patients to full recovery in 9 instances over a three-year period
Home Health Registered Nurse
Family Home Health, Pelham, NH
Mar 2010 – Present
- Evaluate patients and develop appropriate care plans
- Apply care plans according to individual patients
- Assess outcomes and manage care plan modifications as needed
- Provide nursing services based on the care plan devised
- Supervise nursing assistants in their everyday work such as bathing and grooming
- Administer medication as instructed
- Manage emergency procedures
Pelham Health Care Hospital, Pelham, NH
May 2008 – Mar 2010
- Provided initial patient assessment
- Took and recorded vitals
- Provided patient education as and when necessary
- Assisted patients with daily bathing and grooming
- Managed IVs and administered medication when needed
- Provided emergency services when required
Current New Hampshire Registered Nurse Certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing – 2008
Nursing School, City Community College, Pelham, NH
Current driver’s license and automobile insurance
“I am sensitive to the needs of others and have a positive attitude towards persons of different lifestyles, values, and ages.”
Home Health Registered Nurse Resume Sample 2
Experience: 6+ Years
Barbara Streisand, RN
499 Simpson Avenue
Juneau, AK 78399
Home Health Nurse
Dedicated and resourceful nursing professional with 3+ years of hands-on experience in the home healthcare arena. Excellently conversant with managing both the medical and personal side of looking after patients. Proven record of handling difficult patients with tact and love. Functional knowledge of providing excellent CPR and first aid as and when required.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Physical Assessment – Dispensing Medications
– Vital Signs – Care Documentation
– Dressing / Wound Care – Patient and Family Education
– Medical and nursing practices
Home Health Nurse
We Care, Juneau, AK
Jan 2018 – Present
• Perform initial patient assessment
• Devise and implement care plans based on individual patient assessment and analysis
• Assist patients in grooming, bathing, and general mobility
• Take vitals and administer medication
• Conduct patient assessments periodically
• Write reports and provide emergency services as needed
Family Health Hospital, Juneau, AK
Feb 2016 – Jan 2018
• Provided direct patient care as instructed
• Took and recorded vitals on a periodical basis
• Managed medications
• Handled IVs and IMs
• Observed patients with clinical changes
• Managed reports and provided feedback to the nursing supervisor
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
Nursing College of Juneau, Juneau, AK
Basic Life Support
Certified Nursing Assistant
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong work ethics
• Extremely well organized
Home Healthcare Nurse Duties and Responsibilities
Here is what you will be doing on a typical day working as a home healthcare nurse. You can use these job description statements in the experience section of your resume.
- Study patients’ physical and mental medical histories.
- Assist in creating and implementing individualized plans of care based on patients’ histories.
- Monitor patients’ physical and mental conditions and ensure that they are being given proper care at both ends.
- Provide support by handling light housekeeping and laundry services.
- Administer oral medication and injectable medicines in accordance with each patient’s medical charts.
- Take and record vitals such as blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
- Assist in handling personal needs such as bathing, dressing, toileting, and grooming.
- Prepare meals according to the specified dietary needs of patients and assist them in partaking in them.
- Provide emergency services in cases of crises by administering CPR and/or First Aid.
- Re-evaluate patients’ needs for nursing care and provide feedback to primary healthcare professionals.
- Observe patients for signs of physical and/or mental distress and report to the assigned physician immediately.
- Assist in initiating both preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures to help patients reach their health goals.
- Provide emotional support to patients by talking to them in stressful situations.
Home Healthcare Nurse Position Requirements
To be eligible for this position, one has to be skilled in many areas including administering medication and handling emergency situations. Working as a home healthcare nurse is a little more challenging than working in a hospital environment.
For the former, you are usually the only source of emotional support for the patient and it can be overwhelming at times. But if you have it in you to provide both physical and emotional support simultaneously, you are a winner.
See also: Home Health Nurse Cover Letter