Public health nurses are an essential part of the health care system of the USA.
They provide door-to-door health services which include vaccinations, disease management, and case management for chronic diseases.
Public health nurses are required to provide high-quality health services akin to both chronic and other diseases.
They offer skilled nursing services to people in their homes and also educate them on recognizing early symptoms of illness.
Public Health Nurse Resume Sample
4892 Perry Lucas Road
Harrah, OK 33303
*Nurse – Public Health*
Over 15 years of experience in planning and executing community health programs for my assigned community. Known for providing primary care for acute and chronic diseases and teaching patients the symptoms of the disease, and delivering in-home healthcare ranging from prenatal to geriatric care.
Current OK State RN license
• Excellent understanding of medical terminology
• Exceptional communication skills
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Working knowledge of CPR and First Aid
• Knowledge of public health issues
Community Health Nurse
Mayo Clinic, Harrah, OK
2015 – Present
• Provide nursing care to patients in an assigned area
• Educate patients to recognize the early signs of disease
• Work with patients to assess their needs and strive to fulfill them
• Administer oral and injectable medication
Family Health Hospital, Harrah, OK
2007 – 2015
• Provided direct patient care under the supervision of the head nurse
• Managed and executed individually based care plans for patients
• Assisted patients with managing their personal needs on a day to day basis
• Recorded vitals and administered medication as required
• Prepared patient reports and managed records
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
State University, Harrah, OK