ICU nurses have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders.
They deal with high-risk patients on a constant basis which is why one of their basic virtues must be staying alert at all times.
They also provide direct patient care by administering medication, treating wounds and assisting with setting up life support systems.
The job tasks of an ICU nurse are complex and challenging. Dealing with emergencies and providing critical care is not everyone’s work which is why registered nurses, who wish to pursue this specialty, are trained extensively in critical care.
Once the training is complete, a nurse need to ensure that they provide complete information of their training and certification in the resume that she prepares.
If you seeking an ICU RN job, you should skim through the following resume sample to get help build an effective resume.
ICU Nurse Resume Sample
Joyce Atkinson, RN
1009 Cameron Hill Drive | Rochester, NY 16777 | (009) 999-5262 | Email:
INTENSE CARE UNIT REGISTERED NURSE
Resourceful and energetic RN with 13+ years’ progressive experience in hospital, sub-acute and other healthcare settings. 3 years’ specific experience working in intensive care units. Proficient in assessing emergency room patients and developing and implementing prudent care plans.
Active and organized, efficiently assesses patients and develops plan of care. Assists in emergency nursing procedures in order to control patients’ physical condition. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, delegate, and manage time effectively.
• Exceptional knowledge of medical terminology
• Thorough understanding of infection control procedures
• Strong communication skills
|Areas of Expertise|
|✓ Ventilator care||✓ Phlebotomy||✓ Telemetry|
|✓ ER procedures||✓ Meditech||✓ Family education|
ICU Nurse | ROCHESTER HEALTH, Rochester, NY | Mar 2010 – Present
• Provide total patient care including administering medication and setting up IVs
• Assist physicians in assessing patients’ mental and physical conditions
• Manage emergency nursing procedures in order to control and maintain patients’ conditions
• Treat wounds and assist in setting up life support equipment
• Take, record and constantly observe patients’ vitals
• Order diagnostic tests and ensure that all life support equipment is in proper working order
• Act as a patient advocate and provide education to patients and their families
• Proved instrumental in saving the life of a nine year old accident victim by taking control of the situation and providing immediate resuscitation services
• Trained three groups of registered nurses in critical care over a period of two years
Registered Nurse | MEDICAL CENTER – Alpine, TX | Sep 2003 – Mar 2010
• Assessed patients’ physical condition and created and implemented care programs accordingly
• Took and recorded patients’ vitals
• Maintained patients’ histories
• Administered medications
• Assisted patients in grooming and bathing activities
• Helped patients at feeding time
• Provided education about medicines and procedures to families
• Documented patient care services
• Organized a series of seminars on Direct Patient Care at the New York Medical Conference
• Developed patient care educational materials for the benefit of both student nurses and patients
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
State University, New York, NY – 2002
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
State of New York Registered Nurse
Current ACLS, PALS and PHTLS
Current registration as a EMS
Member: American Society of Registered Nurses